Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge is attacking Dart’s sluggish sales on two fronts: by directly addressing weak points, and by adding value in the form of extra standard equipment. The company has already released its sea change in engine availability, with the 2.0 restricted to the SE, the 1.4 to the Aero, and the 2.4 on Limited, GT, and SXT; early reports indicate that the 2.4 liter engine, as installed in Limited and SXT, will match or beat the 2.0 engine’s gas mileage on the highway. City numbers have yet to be released or even rumored, and a spokesman said that Chrysler had not yet gotten official numbers back from the EPA. (The GT model, with a different intake, calibration, exhaust, and transmission ratios, gets substantially lower gas mileage than Limited and SXT, though it uses the same engine. One source said that the GT’s mileage might increase slightly from 2013.)

The other..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If the Dart were a Fiat model in Europe, it would have been left to tread water in the marketplace for the next five years or so, with no updates and with no successor once its life cycle was over.

So it's a good thing that the Chrysler side of Fiat-Chrysler treats the Dart better than that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I swear that thing looks sweet in that color. Makes me almost want to trade my RAM in for one. Love how they keep updating this car.

T

·
0 Posts
Now if marketing is awake?????? How bout advertising the crap out of what's new in this car? The 100 year thing is nice but it doesn't say one thing about the value Dart has.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Ive seen several of the lime green Darts here in town and its a bonkers color but looks cool. Reminds me of one of the first Neons I saw back in the 90's on a Myrtle Beach trip. It was so crazy it was awesome!!!!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
The Header Orange and Citrus Peel look great on the Rallye's and (idk if it's available) on the GT's. That black nose sets it off perfectly. Without that front black-out it'd look .. less.. idk.. Dodge? lol

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
suzq044 said:
The Header Orange and Citrus Peel look great on the Rallye's and (idk if it's available) on the GT's. That black nose sets it off perfectly. Without that front black-out it'd look .. less.. idk.. Dodge? lol
Header orange is still available on the 2014's, Citrus peel was killed off earlier this year.
Dave, you forgot the GT in the article :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Ive seen several of the lime green Darts here in town and its a bonkers color but looks cool. Reminds me of one of the first Neons I saw back in the 90's on a Myrtle Beach trip. It was so crazy it was awesome!!!!
Hey I remember seeing those NEONS around here too...a couple of them were local as I would see them almost daily. Very eye-catching hue that was. I also like the similar color on the early DARTS too. I'd go for a Nitro yello-green, Header Orange or Indy Red DART RT/SRT...Bring it!!!

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Trailduster45 said:
Now if marketing is awake?????? How bout advertising the crap out of what's new in this car? The 100 year thing is nice but it doesn't say one thing about the value Dart has.
And crashing one through a brick wall to end a commercial, not good. 100 years of absolutely nothing to do with what the company is now. Need to advertise the cars and trucks, not show the history of a company that does not exist anymore due to changing times.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Jeepnut said:
I travel the same roadway as one Dart of that exact color. I see them nearabouts practically everyday.

It * IS * an attention-getter color, no doubt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry that the Citrus Peel is gone. It could be a deal breaker for me. I was sold on a Dart but going to be looking at the competition again now.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Great, now let's ADVERTISE THIS CHANGE!!!

Reactions: suzq044

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
topher06 said:
Sorry that the Citrus Peel is gone. It could be a deal breaker for me. I was sold on a Dart but going to be looking at the competition again now.
What competitor offers a similar color? Heck what competitor actually offers the range of colors like the Dart? Hard to imagine that a single color would deter you from buying a car.....

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Lol. Jeez. 20th time is the charm. They flub'd the heck out of this car. Maybe it will outsell the Charger sometime. :facepalm:

·
Registered
324 Posts
topher06 said:
Neons had Nitro Yellow-Green, produced for less than a year, I think. The people who wanted it apparently would go across state lines to find the cars, but the market was saturated pretty quickly. One of my local dealers had a Neon in the color on its lot for about a year, as I remember

There's nothing wrong with short runs of "interesting" colors, if only because they draw attention to the underlying car.

Ask your dealer to find you a Dart in Citrus Peel. It's probably still out there somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
I've like the odd colors. I used to own a Nitro Yellow Green Neon. I currently have my second Solar Yellow Dakota R/T after the first was totaled. The Redline on the Challenger is more common, but still somewhat unique as most are silver, gray, black or white. I am a little disappointed that I have a plain old silver Wrangler. I wish it was Gecko Green or Orange Crush.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Ummm ... This might be an odd question, perhaps, but what about Wraps of preferred colors (and likely other features)?

I haven't looked, but is that possible? Too expensive? I only know of their existence, not familiar with the cost or the process.

That could be an answer for some if the price and trouble were right. Anyone up to speed on this 'technology'?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
JavelinAMX said:
Ummm ... This might be an odd question, perhaps, but what about Wraps of preferred colors (and likely other features)?

I haven't looked, but is that possible? Too expensive? I only know of their existence, not familiar with the cost or the process.

That could be an answer for some if the price and trouble were right. Anyone up to speed on this 'technology'?
Many show Jeeps have wraps.
Usually graphics however, not solid colors.
My favorite was a Wrangler with a wrap of a topo map of Moab.
The wrap cost about $4,000 for a complete JKU, less if you wrap less, but comparable with a good quality paint job.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
My local dealer has a citrus peel rallye still on the lot.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts