Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Travis Pastrana and Bryce Menzies will be racing their Dodge Rallycross/Pastrana 199 Racing Dodge Darts in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, on April 18-21 for the 2013 Global Rallycross season opener. The event will air live on ESPN3 and will later be shown on ESPN2. The GRC series has Dodge, Ford, Subaru, and Citroen vehicles in its SuperCar class. The 600-hp, turbocharged, all-wheel-drive cars are capable of zero-to-60 times in less than two seconds. Tracks consist of dirt or asphalt and a 70-foot-gap jump. Races are composed of a series of short, multi-lap heat races, and the winner takes all in the final race. A diversion in the race called the “joker lap” is mandatory for drivers in a race and usually adds time to a regular lap. 2013 is the fourth GRC season. Key races are usually held in conjunction with NASCAR Sprint Cup and IZOD IndyCar series races...

View the original, full post

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Allpar News System said:

Travis Pastrana and Bryce Menzies will be racing their Dodge Rallycross/Pastrana 199 Racing Dodge Darts in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, on April 18-21 for the 2013 Global Rallycross season opener. The event will air live on ESPN3 and will later be shown on ESPN2. The GRC series has Dodge, Ford, Subaru, and Citroen vehicles in its SuperCar class. The 600-hp, turbocharged, all-wheel-drive cars are capable of zero-to-60 times in less than two seconds. Tracks consist of dirt or asphalt and a 70-foot-gap jump. Races are composed of a series of short, multi-lap heat races, and the winner takes all in the final race. A diversion in the race called the “joker lap” is mandatory for drivers in a race and usually adds time to a regular lap. 2013 is the fourth GRC season. Key races are usually held in conjunction with NASCAR Sprint Cup and IZOD IndyCar series races...

View the original, full post
is the " 0-to-60 in less than 2seconds" correct? Thats crazy fast.....the Bugatti Veyron does it in 2.59 Forgive my ignorance but I know nothing about these type of cars....

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
is the " 0-to-60 in less than 2seconds" correct? Thats crazy fast.....the Bugatti Veyron does it in 2.59 Forgive my ignorance but I know nothing about these type of cars....
Yes.

They are purpose built, not street legal, race cars.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
The Dart Rallycross is purpose built race car. It uses a Sedav rallycross 4wd sequential transaxle with a Sedav rear differential. The engine is a modified 2.0 Tigershark that's has been turbocharged. The engine produced 600hp and 550 lb-ft torque.

Extensive body modification and weight savings were also made to the car.

Mike

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
PCRMike said:
I want one!!!! LOL
Disclaimer:
"Not legal for operation on any public roads or highways"

:)

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
Disclaimer:
"Not legal for operation on any public roads or highways"
:)
Funny thing, our modified stock class race Jeep is, right at the edge of the rules, so close that to forestal any complaints from competitors, we are leaving it registered and driving it to its first race... ;)

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Funny thing, our modified stock class race Jeep is, right at the edge of the rules, so close that to forestal any complaints from competitors, we are leaving it registered and driving it to its first race... ;)
Love it! Realistically, these cars could be street-able, but the lack of factory emissions control and factory safety systems being disabled kills it.

Mike

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Mike V. said:
Love it! Realistically, these cars could be street-able, but the lack of factory emissions control and factory safety systems being disabled kills it.

Mike
Yet which do you think would be more safe in a accident? :p

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Can we take this discussion to the motorsports section where a thread is already started? Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts