Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The SyFy channel is investing $100 million into a combination multi-player online game and TV series, to air starting on April 15. The show and game, both named Defiance, will feature Dodge cars, including a “Mad Maxed-out” Dodge Charger.”

As Allpar reported earlier, AdWeek said Dodge’s Mark Mamstead liked the series' “first of its kind” nature, and seeing the Dodge fitted with oversized tires and weaponry. The series includes a Dodge dealership, albeit a burned-out one, and various Dodges. The series is expected to reach 18-to-34 year olds. According to Syfy’s president, Defiance is neither a video game with a TV spinoff, nor a TV series with a tied-in game, but an integrated whole. The game is set to launch on April 15, 2013. Thanks, Jared Kindestin. Note: allpar first reported this story on January 10, 2013.

View the original, full post

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
rusty plastic bumpers... lol

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That is so cool!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ooooh, that looks so cool. Lane changing with that as a trim package would be so much easier. :w00t: :drive: :innocent:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just want to know what they make the tail lights out of! And do they can repop lenses for a 66 fury out of the same stuff?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Interesting exhaust setup, is that EPA certified? lol.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Nice Jeep tires...

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
As an avid gamer, and science fiction nut...

This brave attempt at a new kind of game/tv tie in is great. I love the idea, and that it has Mopars...

However, I get the feeling it will attact 8-12 year olds with parents who don't care what they do, and not the 18-34yo target. Gamers, and SciFi nuts today have extremely sophisicated tastes in their media choices. I also get the feeling it will have more of a Steel Dawn/C.H.U.D. vibe, than a Mad Max/Road Warrior vibe.

Unless they just go over the top with sex and violence, then I'm in.

EDIT: There are way too many inconsistancies for gamer types (like me) to belive that is a post apocalyptic charger. I guess I can get rid of my stockpile of 2013 Dodge Charger mufflers, because after the apocalypse, there are muffler shops. (Look at the stock mufflers hanging off it in back). And seriously? No bullet holes? Gotta have bullet holes, and there can't be glass in it, either. Oh, and working tail lights? Not on my rig. They make excellent reference points for mounted machine guns. Sorry for dogging it, but my gamer DNA runs deeper than my (gasp) Mopar DNA. But its not the Mopar's fault, its the cut rate chop shop that built it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts