Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For model-year 2014, Dodge Durango was thoroughly revamped, gaining eight-speed automatics and much more; and we expect Dodge Dart to be rejiggered, though we don’t know if that means serious powertrain adjustments (that is, optional nine-speed) or just model/trim/option changes. Dodge may start throwing in more goodies; Dodge chief Reid Bigland has already said that the 2.4 might become an option on cars other than Dart GT. For the carryovers, there aren't major changes. There are changes to paint colors (bright white replaces stone white, Blue Streak Pearl, Tungsten Metallic, Winter Chill Pearl, and Crystal Blue Pearl are leaving, Granite Crystal and Deep Cherry Red are coming, black is changing slightly, and Header Orange is coming to Charger.) Each carline will continue or gain a Blacktop line — on SXT for Grand Caravan and SXT, Dodge is sprucing up Grand Caravan just the same, taking the SXT and turning it..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sorry, after reading the article am I to understand that the Challenger SXT/SXT+ in Canada DID NOT HAVE 4 wheel disc brakes and ABS? This sounds a little fishy to me but I'm willing to be informed better on this peculiarity.....

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
SuperShadow said:
Sorry, after reading the article am I to understand that the Challenger SXT/SXT+ in Canada DID NOT HAVE 4 wheel disc brakes and ABS? This sounds a little fishy to me but I'm willing to be informed better on this peculiarity.....
My best guess is that it's poorly written. It probably means these modes get the upgraded (Performnace) braking system with larger front rotors and dual piston calipers up front. The base (Touring) brake system was still 4 wheel discs and ABS with single piston calipers. Just a guess, based on how it was in the US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts