Allpar Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
It's shocking to see the Dart selling at below 500 levels; it needs to be, and should be, right below the Wrangler!
Something definitely needs some sorting out over at the marketing department; Bigland should hustle a bit more, he doesn't seem to be sweating this the way he should...

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
RVC said:
It's shocking to see the Dart selling at below 500 levels; it needs to be, and should be, right below the Wrangler!
Something definitely needs some sorting out over at the marketing department; Bigland should hustle a bit more, he doesn't seem to be sweating this the way he should...
Keep in mind, those numbers are the average and do not reflect the trend upward in Dart sales.
With marketing so unfocused, we have seen slow launches of 500 and Dart and I would suspect Liberkee(r) as well.
You can only live off of "Imported from Detroit" for so long. It's time for the marketing department to get it together. If the Super Bowl spot is more of the same, they need to seriously evaluate their message, or their talent.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Keep in mind, those numbers are the average and do not reflect the trend upward in Dart sales.
With marketing so unfocused, we have seen slow launches of 500 and Dart and I would suspect Liberkee(r) as well.
You can only live off of "Imported from Detroit" for so long. It's time for the marketing department to get it together. If the Super Bowl spot is more of the same, they need to seriously evaluate their message, or their talent.
Imported from Detroit with Alfa DNA.

The message is as clouded as can be.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,793 Posts
Imported from Detroit with Alfa DNA.
Ha ha, true.
As Norm said, part of this is the slow growth in sales for new CG nameplates.

Imported from Detroit is only used for Chrysler brand itself.

Dart marketing has been less than ideal IMHO but then, how are they supposed to advertise it? I think part of the problem is getting it to stand apart from the crowd. I believe it's quietest in its class but that's about it. Maybe they could have gone with "an unusually large interior for the class..." and then gone on about quiet, then cornering and ride. Not mentioning the engine ;)

Imported from Detroit with Korean and Italian automatics and modified Alfa platform+architecture?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Imported from detroit is only Chrysler. Dodge has never used it for the Dart or any other car.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,164 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Imported from Detroit with Korean and Italian automatics and modified Alfa platform+architecture?
Not knocking you Dave just have to remind myself once in a while also:

Part of that is because of the Daimler Blitz that included alienation of vendors and sell off of Chrysler owned parts factories, destruction of the US engineering capabilities.

I know I sound like a broken record but I have to let newbies know how Chrysler was in such bad disarray. Can't cry about what was done, only look to present and dream about the future. Owe a lot of thanks to a core of energetic skilled guys stuck with it through the tough times.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Dart marketing has been less than ideal IMHO but then, how are they supposed to advertise it? I think part of the problem is getting it to stand apart from the crowd. I believe it's quietest in its class but that's about it. Maybe they could have gone with "an unusually large interior for the class..." and then gone on about quiet, then cornering and ride. Not mentioning the engine ;)
Dodge Dart - best bang for the buck - largest interior in its class with class-leading fuel economy

Dodge Dart - best bang for the buck - state of the art powertrains with most customizable interior in its class

Dodge Dart - best bang for the buck - best audio system in its class with the quietest cabin in its class

Dodge Dart - best bang for the buck - class leading safety and security at the price of a subcompact

61 - 67 of 67 Posts