Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dodge has released the tail-lights of the new Durango on its Facebook feed. It appears that the company is using a new technology or design to create the illusion of a single light source in the “racetrack” tail-lights. Many expect Dodge to release the 2014 Durango at a scheduled press conference next Thursday. The tail-lights are remarkably similar to the rendering done by Susan Rand a month ago:

View the original, full post

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
I believe Susan's rendering was darn close.

Definitely like this to the current version, makes it much more distinctive.. + the 8 spd. Bring it on, and make sure to have a nice marketing push, this thing can definitely do better sales wise.

Side note: I was just looking at one the other day - the rotors are HUGE!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
That looks good

·
Registered
476 Posts
Very nice looking. Very cool that Dodge is using the tail lights the same way as some companies (including Dodge) use the grill of the car to set itself apart. Curious to see the interior upgrades.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Very nice! Glad to see they added them to the Durango too!

Interesting.

This is the (slightly different) image that they posted on their media site:

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Nice to differentiate, Dodge is a Dodge, Jeep is a Jeep, and a Fiat is a Fiat. For years lines blurring in every way, name and looks wise, I know there is a lot of public confusion on what is rolling off the assembly line at Chrysler. I do like the Idea of RAM being a truck company, proving to the public that the focus is on durability in the services field is a great move forward. One question Y the console in the Ram? .

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
Nice to differentiate, Dodge is a Dodge, Jeep is a Jeep, and a Fiat is a Fiat. For years lines blurring in every way, name and looks wise, I know there is a lot of public confusion on what is rolling off the assembly line at Chrysler. I do like the Idea of RAM being a truck company, proving to the public that the focus is on durability in the services field is a great move forward. One question Y the console in the Ram? .
Fiat is a Fiat? There isn't a Fiat version of this vehicle.

Mike

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The rest of the Durango looks great too. The crosshair shield is gone from the steering wheel. And there is The Knob.

Mike V. said:
That looks good

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
sebring96hbg said:
The rest of the Durango looks great too. The crosshair shield is gone from the steering wheel. And there is The Knob.
Where is this? Pics online?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
sebring96hbg said:
Really? Going The Knob(c) in the Durango instead of the lever like the Jeep?

Wow!

Mike

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mike V. said:
Fiat is a Fiat? There isn't a Fiat version of this vehicle.

Mike
Unfortunately...

I think it would do well as a global vehicle. Either as a fiat (bigger than the Journey to compete with the likes of the VW Touareg, Citroen C-Crosser, and the various Jap and Korean large Crossovers) or as a Lancia/Chrysler (to compete with Audi Q5-Q7, etc.).

BTW: Autocar (UK) online states that this thing is now going to have the 3.0 VM diesel. Fact or fiction?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
It's the same picture, I lightened it up slightly.

As for the diesel, I said last week that I doubted it would be used in the US, because Durango is such a marginal vehicle in terms of sales, and I didn't think it would be worth the certification costs.
I think having so much focus in the GC has caused a bit of neglect for the Durango. It was nice, but not polished. This update may upset the apple cart a little and force some more attention to the Dodge.

At least that's my hope.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Allpar News System said:

Dodge has released the tail-lights of the new Durango on its Facebook feed. It appears that the company is using a new technology or design to create the illusion of a single light source in the “racetrack” tail-lights. Many expect Dodge to release the 2014 Durango at a scheduled press conference next Thursday. The tail-lights are remarkably similar to the rendering done by Susan Rand a month ago:

View the original, full post
LED light pipes as seen on the new Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Mike V. said:
Really? Going The Knob(c) in the Durango instead of the lever like the Jeep?

Wow!

Mike
Yeah, that is weird, but I guess considering that they are all just electronic switches, they have the freedom to do this. (If it is true)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
There were about 60 pics; but, they have since been taken down. Allpar is well read in some quarters.

bumonbox said:
Where is this? Pics online?

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Looks great! The racetrack tail lights look spectacular at night when I see them on the road. And even though the nose is what most people think of when they look at a car, it's the rear that you see most often when driving.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts