Allpar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
Nice to differentiate, Dodge is a Dodge, Jeep is a Jeep, and a Fiat is a Fiat. For years lines blurring in every way, name and looks wise, I know there is a lot of public confusion on what is rolling off the assembly line at Chrysler. I do like the Idea of RAM being a truck company, proving to the public that the focus is on durability in the services field is a great move forward. One question Y the console in the Ram? .
Fiat is a Fiat? There isn't a Fiat version of this vehicle.

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
sebring96hbg said:
The rest of the Durango looks great too. The crosshair shield is gone from the steering wheel. And there is The Knob.
Really? Going The Knob(c) in the Durango instead of the lever like the Jeep?

Wow!

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
It's the same picture, I lightened it up slightly.

As for the diesel, I said last week that I doubted it would be used in the US, because Durango is such a marginal vehicle in terms of sales, and I didn't think it would be worth the certification costs.
I think having so much focus in the GC has caused a bit of neglect for the Durango. It was nice, but not polished. This update may upset the apple cart a little and force some more attention to the Dodge.

At least that's my hope.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Mr. Source, I though he was saying that the previous version looked too similar to the GC in the rear... This making them hard to distinguish.

This is why I went huh when Fiat was mentioned.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Nope, sadly not the only one to see it
Just like on the Challenger... Why are dealers not adjusting the trunk lids prior to delivery.

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Yes! Another vehicle that has this too
Dealers are supposed to fix this. I can understand it somewhat as the vehicle bounces around in transport... Stupid dealers don't care though.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
oh2o said:
I was surprised Dodge went with this for the Durango, especially since it replaces the shifter in the same location (not saving any console room).
Wow! That's really really interesting! Thanks!

Mike

UN4GTBL said:
But they don't. I'd suggest that the large majority of the workers who do this, just take all the plastic, tags, etc off the vehicles, run them through the car wash and voila! "prep" complete.

This was very evident with the number of Caliber SRT4s that were delivered to customers WITH the shipping spacers still in the front suspension, despite the bright tags hung around the rear view mirror instructing the dealer to remove them.
It's not new, the same thing happened with ACR Neons nearly twenty years ago. Big hang tag on mirror that said the cars must have front alignment completed before sale...

Nothing like seeing a random ACR driving down the road with a car seat in the back and a crap load of positive camber ::rolleyes:

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Give me the knob, every time. I hate that "no position is durable" shifter.
:lol: just put it in drive! :)

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
MSN Autos lists the rear legroom of the '14 Grand Cherokee as 38.6 inches, while it lists the '13 Durango's rear legroom as... 38.6 inches. :huh:

Durango's wheelbase is 5 inches longer, and overall length is 10 inches longer, than Grand Cherokee.
Dodge says 38.6". All the length is in the 31.5" of third row legroom.

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
dodgeatheart said:
My first test when I sit in something is to sit in the driver's seat. I adjust and get comfortable there and then get out and sit behind "myself." The Durango passed this test with flying colors. The JGC failed, which I was quite surprised at considering they supposedly added 3 inches or so to the 2nd row. I understand about sharing parts but the Durango just seems to be better designed than the JGC. Like I said, personal preference. I would throw the Durango in the mix to replace my wife's Highlander if it weren't for MPG (we want an improvement!). A diesel would help, the v6 just doesn't give me the improvement I would like.
I read operator error. As the others have said, and it is confirmed by Chrysler, the second row seating positions and legroom are the same between the Grand Cherokee and the Durango.

Something tells me you didn't adjust the front seats the same as you thought you did.

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Wow, looks fantastic. Hopefully all these update will really kick this great vehicle up a notch in sales.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
oh2o said:
How unfortunate that the same design team was not in charge of the new Cherokee...
I was going to say something similar. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.