Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 119 Posts
GasAxe said:
Looks great! The racetrack tail lights look spectacular at night when I see them on the road.
Only if the alignment between all three pieces are exact. I have seen some Chargers where there is a definite height difference between the part on the trunk lid and the two end pieces. When it doesn't line up if looks bad. Bad in a quality control fit and finish problem way. Not a good way to advertise inaccuracies. It really shows up.

Very true CV. Chrysler can't afford to forget to do the basics correctly.

Mike V. said:
Fiat is a Fiat? There isn't a Fiat version of this vehicle.
Mike
Try to understand what he wrote, I think he is trying to say that those kind of tail light are now like a trademark for Dodge, like jeep has the seven bars grille.

Now lets hope Chrysler AND dealers will start focusing now on the Durango, they forgot about it and they concentrated on the GC, so enough of GC on the streets, we want The Spectacular Durango, thefront of it is awesome, so hope dealers will now start placing orders like crazy!!!

CherokeeVision said:
Only if the alignment between all three pieces are exact. I have seen some Chargers where there is a definite height difference between the part on the trunk lid and the two end pieces. When it doesn't line up if looks bad. Bad in a quality control fit and finish problem way. Not a good way to advertise inaccuracies. It really shows up.
Wow ! ! So I wasnt the only crazy one who saw and still sees that defect, of course you are right, and I have been fighting for it, the answer I got was that nobody will see it !

Mr. Source, I though he was saying that the previous version looked too similar to the GC in the rear... This making them hard to distinguish.

This is why I went huh when Fiat was mentioned.

Mr.Source said:
Wow ! ! So I wasnt the only crazy one who saw and still sees that defect, of course you are right, and I have been fighting for it, the answer I got was that nobody will see it !
Nope, sadly not the only one to see it

UN4GTBL said:
Nope, sadly not the only one to see it
Just like on the Challenger... Why are dealers not adjusting the trunk lids prior to delivery.

Mike

On the front clip, the crosshair appears to float and the vertical element of the crosshair tapers from top to bottom.

Mike V. said:
Mr. Source, I though he was saying that the previous version looked too similar to the GC in the rear... This making them hard to distinguish.

This is why I went huh when Fiat was mentioned.
Agreed to close

UN4GTBL said:
Yes! Another vehicle that has this too
Dealers are supposed to fix this. I can understand it somewhat as the vehicle bounces around in transport... Stupid dealers don't care though.

sebring96hbg said:
On the front clip, the crosshair appears to float and the vertical element of the crosshair tapers from top to bottom.
Like the sides of the crosshair on the Dart?

Mike V. said:
Dealers are supposed to fix this. I can understand it somewhat as the vehicle bounces around in transport... Stupid dealers don't care though.
But they don't. I'd suggest that the large majority of the workers who do this, just take all the plastic, tags, etc off the vehicles, run them through the car wash and voila! "prep" complete.

This was very evident with the number of Caliber SRT4s that were delivered to customers WITH the shipping spacers still in the front suspension, despite the bright tags hung around the rear view mirror instructing the dealer to remove them.

oh2o said:
I was surprised Dodge went with this for the Durango, especially since it replaces the shifter in the same location (not saving any console room).
Interesting, almost Jaguar style then (horizontal) as opposed to Ram style (vertical)?

oh2o said:
I was surprised Dodge went with this for the Durango, especially since it replaces the shifter in the same location (not saving any console room).
Wow! That's really really interesting! Thanks!

Mike

UN4GTBL said:
But they don't. I'd suggest that the large majority of the workers who do this, just take all the plastic, tags, etc off the vehicles, run them through the car wash and voila! "prep" complete.

This was very evident with the number of Caliber SRT4s that were delivered to customers WITH the shipping spacers still in the front suspension, despite the bright tags hung around the rear view mirror instructing the dealer to remove them.
It's not new, the same thing happened with ACR Neons nearly twenty years ago. Big hang tag on mirror that said the cars must have front alignment completed before sale...

Nothing like seeing a random ACR driving down the road with a car seat in the back and a crap load of positive camber ::rolleyes:

Mike

sebring96hbg said:
sebring96hbg said:
The rest of the Durango looks great too. The crosshair shield is gone from the steering wheel. And there is The Knob.
Wait, so the Dodge shield on the steering wheel is gone? Are they gonna put just the Dodge logo? And the crosshair grill is gonna change again? :scared:

Edit: Nvm, I saw a couple of spy shots and saw how the grill has been modified, looks like the Dart's.

21 - 40 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.