Allpar Forums banner

AN: Fiat-Chrysler may register in Netherlands

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  guyverfanboy 
#1 ·

Reuters quoted Sergio Marchionne as saying that Fiat-Chrysler could be registered in the Netherlands after merging; the combination of similar corporate rules as the United States and low taxes would be an advantage. Earlier this year, Marchionne said he would prefer for the combined companies to have their stock listed in New York as a primary location. Fiat, originally quite dependent on Italy, has grown substantially in South America, and would have another powerhouse market in the United States after acquiring Chrysler. Fiat Industrial will be listing the Netherlands as its headquarters once it finishes a merger with CNH (the former Case New Holland) this year; the new company will be CNH Industrial, and will have a primary stock exchange listing in New York. As for whether Alfa Romeo and Dodge will work together to make a mid-size rear wheel drive car for Alfa Romeo and Dodge,  Mr. Marchionne was quoted..

View the original, full post

See less See more
#2 ·
I fully expect HQ to be in the Netherlands, in the same building with CNH Industrial. From an ownership/board of director view, this makes the most sense.

With regard to Alfa, Dodge and RWD......if they haven't decided yet, it will be 2017 model year before we see any product.

#3 ·
Agreed. The big question is the name of the new company. Everyone's calling it Fiat-Chrysler. I wonder if they'll do an acronym.

Fiat
Chrysler
Jeep
Dodge
Maserati
Ferrari
Alfa Romeo
Ram

The problem is they only have one vowel ;)

In order of sales perhaps?

FRJDCAMF Inc.

Or trying to make a name?

CRAMFJD

Or by price class?

FMARJCDF Inc.

#5 ·
Dave said:
Agreed. The big question is the name of the new company. Everyone's calling it Fiat-Chrysler.
They could obviously pay $100 million or whatever to some ad agency who could come up with a decent name (or they could pay even more and get a moronic one ;)), but really, the natural choice is Fiat-Chrysler (or alternatively Chrysler-Fiat), and I'd be very surprised if the company was named something else.

#6 ·
Allpar News System said:
Reuters quoted Sergio Marchionne as saying that Fiat-Chrysler could be registered in the Netherlands after merging; the combination of similar corporate rules as the United States and low taxes would be an advantage.
It would be fair also after the latest italian Consulta verdict about Fiat to have limited unions freedom.

#7 ·
If they are determined to acquire another company (Daimler had the same idea), they could name it FCX.

#8 ·
They may also register in OZ too, not the country, the fantasy movie.
Mr. Marchionne's statements are all over the board and are more for game playing than being newsworthy.

G
#9 ·
From a tax perspective it makes sense as the Netherlands have a much lower corporate rate then either the U.S or Italy. The Italian economy is a mess so you can't blame Marchionne for not having the HQ there...and as for a new name, I would hope we see Chrysler-Fiat...for many reasons, one of which is the fact that a well-performing Chrysler has kept Fiat afloat during these recent economic troubles in Europe.

#11 ·
suzq044 said:
Sometimes I think he just likes messing with the Press. lol

We'll see what happens when they're ready to show us, that's all I can trust these days.
Bingo! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.