Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jan 2012 Jan 2013 Change Europe 69,607 61,010 -12.4% Brazil 51,902 70,621 +36.1% Argentina 12,711 13,169 +3.6% Declines in European Fiat sales, coupled with gains in South America, brought about a January where more Fiats were sold in Brazil than in all of Europe. Gains in Brazil also more than compensated for losses in Europe, with Fiat losing 8,600 sales in their home continent but gaining nearly 19,000 sales in Brazil alone. Fiat continues to have almost no sales in Russia, with 291 Fiats sold in January 2013 (down from 1,008 last January). It still beat Jeep (146), Dodge (9), and Chrysler (12), all three of which are up from January 2012. Fiat Europe numbers are for the European Union plus EFTA, via the ACEA. Brazil numbers are via FENABRAVE. Argentina numbers are via CarsItaly.net

View the original, full post

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jan 2012 Jan 2013 Change Europe 69,607 61,010 -12.4% Brazil 51,902 70,621 +36.1% Argentina 12,711 13,169 +3.6% Declines in European Fiat sales, coupled with gains in South America, brought about a January where more Fiats were sold in Brazil than in all of Europe. Gains in Brazil also more than compensated for losses in Europe, with Fiat losing 8,600 sales in their home continent but gaining nearly 19,000 sales in Brazil alone. Fiat continues to have almost no sales in Russia, with 291 Fiats sold in January 2013 (down from 1,008 last January). It still beat Jeep (146), Dodge (9), and Chrysler (12), all three of which are up from January 2012. Fiat Europe numbers are for the European Union plus EFTA, via the ACEA. Brazil numbers are via FENABRAVE. Argentina numbers are via CarsItaly.net. Numbers compiled by Allpar reader “Bran.”

View the original, full post

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Good news for Fiat.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Let me get this straight...we're are spending billions on a B Jeep that has its primary target buyer in Russia. The same Russia where Jeep sold a whopping 146 Jeeps last month.

However Jeep won't resurrect an XJ replacement for the US, where it once sold 10,000+ units per month?

And we are wondering about spending a few million to certify a diesel in the Durango.

When is Ground Hog Day? If Jeep can just see its shadow...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
They need to manufacture in Russia to achieve big volumes. Those 146 have to be imports that attract massive taxes. Russia is/tipped to be a fast growing large market that offers big profits. Any manufacturer who ignores these "trends" will lose out to competitiors. Fiat already lost out in China, so they will not want to repeat this with Russia.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Let me get this straight...we're are spending billions on a B Jeep that has its primary target buyer in Russia. The same Russia where Jeep sold a whopping 146 Jeeps last month.

However Jeep won't resurrect an XJ replacement for the US, where it once sold 10,000+ units per month?

And we are wondering about spending a few million to certify a diesel in the Durango.

When is Ground Hog Day? If Jeep can just see its shadow...
While I agree whole heartedly, I have to admit that the import tariffs are killing Jeep there. Sort of like how US/South Korean trade tariffs are... Wait I won't go there ;)

Mike

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
AlfaCuda said:
They need to manufacture in Russia to achieve big volumes. Those 146 have to be imports that attract massive taxes. Russia is/tipped to be a fast growing large market that offers big profits. Any manufacturer who ignores these "trends" will lose out to competitiors. Fiat already lost out in China, so they will not want to repeat this with Russia.
Ford is putting a brand new plant in St Pete. Fiat should just give China, Russia, and India to the other manufactures. One wouldn't want that additional revenue for the development of other products.

That may take the cake of XJ hijacking

·
Registered
243 Posts
TripleT said:
Ford is putting a brand new plant in St Pete. Fiat should just give China, Russia, and India to the other manufactures. One wouldn't want that additional revenue for the development of other products.

That may take the cake of XJ hijacking
To stay out of China is just impossible, not only is the biggest market worldwide today but most of the future growth will come from there.
Fiat seems to have launched the Viaggio successfully, 4k per month for a new car from a new manufacturer is not bad and I believe there's margin for significant improvement since the dealers network is still very small but growing quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if China will become one of the most important markets for Fiat by 2015.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
jazz77 said:
To stay out of China is just impossible, not only is the biggest market worldwide today but most of the future growth will come from there.
Fiat seems to have launched the Viaggio successfully, 4k per month for a new car from a new manufacturer is not bad and I believe there's margin for significant improvement since the dealers network is still very small but growing quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if China will become one of the most important markets for Fiat by 2015.
Just so you know, tongue was solidly in cheek. They still can get a new XJ there, wonder how many are sold.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
TripleT said:
Just so you know, tongue was solidly in cheek. They still can get a new XJ there, wonder how many are sold.
The China Jeep 2500 (XJ) has not been "officially" produced in China since 2005/2006

Mike

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Perhaps it's because the current Jeeps being offered aren't meeting the needs of the consumers there?
MoparNorm said:
Over a decade a ago. The bulk of the market here has changed.
MoparNorm said:
Money is very easy to throw around when it's not your own.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Perhaps it's because the current Jeeps being offered aren't meeting the needs of the consumers there?
Over a decade a ago. The bulk of the market here has changed..
At 146 units, it pretty hard to decipher just what the market is. I can say, the average car in Russia, leaves much to be desired.
As for the "bulk" of the market changing, there isn't a real way to quantify that when there are NO alternative products.
Only the Wrangler remains relatively the same...and it's sales are increasing and thereby not indicating the market for capability has vanished. ;)

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
The Sky is blue, yet Fiat/Chrysler will not make a blue XJ replacement.

Brazil and China have growing economies which means that those are natural places to attack and have growth in sales.

Russia and India by watch the focus of other automakers are the next locations to focus on based on the actions of other Automaker like Ford.

Great news for Fiat/Chrysler now don't miss the next emerging market buy sitting on your hands watching.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Thanks to Ford, Fiat-Chrysler's deal with Sollers, the No. 2 Russian automaker, was blown up and Ford now has a plant in St. Petersburg. The alliance's latest deal in Russia with OAO Bank seems to have stalled.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Bob ONeill said:
OK let's take this topic...... Fiat gains in Brazil outweigh EU..... and turn it into yet another Jeep discussion.

Seriously?
One of the reasons why Fiat got involved with Chrysler is to have Jeep. Whether we like it or want to admit it, Jeep is a huge part of Fiat's future in the EU, Brazil, and every other world market.

Mike

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Bob ONeill said:
OK let's take this topic...... Fiat gains in Brazil outweigh EU..... and turn it into yet another Jeep discussion.

Seriously?
Of course.. you expected anything different from the forums on jeepar.com © ??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts