Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloomberg News is reporting that Fiat is working with a group of bankers on a $10 billion package to be used to purchase the 41.5% stake in Chrysler currently owned by the United Auto Workers retiree healthcare trust and to refinance the two companies' existing debt at lower interest rates. Citing unnamed sources, Bloomberg says Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and BNP Paribas SA, are in discussions to fund the loan and there is a possibility that other banks could be added. Bloomberg's sources say Chrysler/Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne has already received verbal agreements from some of the banks, but a final deal has not been set. One of the obstacles is placing a value on the union trust's holdings. Chrysler and the UAW disagree on the value and the case is currently in the hands of a Delaware judge. His decision is expected by the end of July. A UBS..

View the original, full post

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
It will happen, just takes time and the right deal.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
According to a quoted statement by FIAT chairman John Elkann, it will happen between now and August.

Given his position i'd say he probably speaks because he knows a thing or two ;)

Mark those words: BETWEEN NOW AND AUGUST.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
RVC said:
According to a quoted statement by FIAT chairman John Elkann, it will happen between now and August.

Given his position i'd say he probably speaks because he knows a thing or two ;)

Mark those words: BETWEEN NOW AND AUGUST.
Is that as reliable as availability of the Dart R/T, er GT, Grand Cherokee Diesel or Cherokee AWD?

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Is that as reliable as availability of the Dart R/T, er GT, Grand Cherokee Diesel or Cherokee AWD?
Hahaha, I was thinking you'd say that while I was typing my comment ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts