Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A report from Sterling Heights: “The pilots are being built. They are guarded and signs are posted saying that anyone who attempts to take pictures will be immediately terminated.” Another report claims that the rendering above is “pretty close;” and that the car will be aggressive but attractive looking. “It’s sexy, it will sell,” said one source.

View the original, full post

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
JackRachett, can you take the current picture above a throw some 2014 Impala taillamps on it and darken them to be the same color as the Audi ones? That should be even closer.

·
Registered
993 Posts
redriderbob said:
JackRachett, can you take the current picture above a throw some 2014 Impala taillamps on it and darken them to be the same color as the Audi ones? That should be even closer.
Getting excited!!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I have to give GM credit where credit is due that new Impala is a beautiful car! Hoping the new 200 can set the standard!!!

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Jeepnut said:
I have to give GM credit where credit is due that new Impala is a beautiful car! Hoping the new 200 can set the standard!!!
If the Chrysler design team from the late 1990s were on staff, I would be confident that the new 200 would be a head-turner. With current leadership, I will wait until I see it.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
If the Chrysler design team from the late 1990s were on staff, I would be confident that the new 200 would be a head-turner. With current leadership, I will wait until I see it.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you 100%

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
I agree, if Jack's rendering is close to the final result, I'm not too excited yet.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Unfortunately I have to agree with you 100%
I am holding reserved confidence. Gilles hit an RBI double with the Dart. He hit an RBI Triple with the 300/300C. With the Viper he hit a bottom of hte 9th grand slam homer to win the game. The jury is out on the Cherokee (a friend who HATED the pic's, saw one, and said it is a great looking car, so I wait until I see it). The Charger and Challey are lookers, too. There isn't a homely car in the bunch.

So, while I don't expect something as good looking as the Viper, I am expecting, at a minimu, the best design so far (short of Viper).

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Just my 2cents if the new 200 isnt as attractive as the new Fusion its in trouble!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Just my 2cents if the new 200 isnt as attractive as the new Fusion its in trouble!
IMO, the 2013 Fusion is good looking. I don't think it is by any means gorgeous. Too many derivative elements (starting with the grill, and the whole front end). I think it'd be very easy for the 200 to be better looking. I am expecting it to be lots better looking.

I am trying to be diplomatic to the Ford team. The Fusion isn't a bad looking car, but if it is the standard against which it'll be judged, then I for one am not worried in the least. I simply don't hold the F-trooper in that high a regard.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Muther said:
IMO, the 2013 Fusion is good looking. I don't think it is by any means gorgeous. Too many derivative elements (starting with the grill, and the whole front end). I think it'd be very easy for the 200 to be better looking. I am expecting it to be lots better looking. I am trying to be diplomatic to the Ford team. The Fusion isn't a bad looking car, but if it is the standard against which it'll be judged, then I for one am not worried in the least. I simply don't hold the F-trooper in that high a regard.
I am with you on those observations also. For the Fusion, it just doesn't grab my attention like I thought it might after about two weeks of seeing them.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The Fusion, initially after seeing it, kinda shocked me. Now I think it's dull. Ford designs kinda do that to me - strong first impression, but doesn't last. Whereas I still enjoy the curves on Chrysler designs years down the road (I looked back to my Charger when trading it in, after 6 years, I still thought it was damn good looking).

Note I said the Fusion shocked me. I didn't like it. I still don't. I just don't like it less is all. I'd imagine those who initially loved it love it less now, just like I don't hate it as much now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Someone please tell me that JackRatchett's rendering will not be the next 200. If that's the case,how disappointing. I googled 2015 Chrysler 200 and the renderings they showed had a much better "wow factor". Some were very classy and beautiful, IMO. Some could have been Jack's renderings too. Give it a look.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like the Regal best, then the Fusion, the Optima, the Malibu, the Passat, the Sonata, the Accord, the old 200 and the rest don't matter.

Those renderings on Google aren't really accurate. Jack Ratchett's rendering looks like a big Dart with the rear quarter detailing like a 300, it looks real . I've seen Jack come close in the past like the Charger.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Looks like a Dart to me.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I find I like the Kia Optima visually more than I like the current Fusion.[/quote
Someone please tell me that JackRatchett's rendering will not be the next 200. If that's the case,how disappointing. I googled 2015 Chrysler 200 and the renderings they showed had a much better "wow factor". Some were very classy and beautiful, IMO. Some could have been Jack's renderings too. Give it a look.
Interesting...however just a bit unrefined I think. Perhaps the answer(s) lay somewhere between there and the previous 200C EV CONCEPT from a few years back. I certainly hope so anyway...

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
dana44 said:
Looks like a Dart to me.
Platform sharing requires common points. You can see this in the Charger/300, Avenger/200 and even Grand Cherokee/Durango.

JackRatchett and Suzie understand shared platforms, which is why many of their drawings are so accurate.

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
The Ford Fusion's body lines are already starting to age. The new 200 is dramatically different than any past car from Chrysler. The drawing above is about 90% to what the 2015 200 will look like. Chrysler has already poured $2 billion into this car. This will not be something like that of the past Sebrings and current 200 are in the mid size lineup... mediocre! This car will be the most advanced car in its class. It builds on Chrysler Group's new design language that the Dodge Dart is using and is very sleek, upscale, and sporty. It will make people who are looking at cars such as the MKZ, LaCrosse, CLA, and ES350 buyers shop Chrysler.

redriderbob

1 - 20 of 57 Posts