101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
RVC said:
Here's a question I had about the Dart and now it's coming up again for the Cherokee: who is the supplier for the seat coverings (foam + skins)?
In both cases it seems to me we could do much better; the seats appear puffy, crooked and creased.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-jeep-cherokee-trailhawk-new-york-2013/med/#photo-5774575/
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-jeep-cherokee-trailhawk-new-york-2013/med/#photo-5774573/

Just an observation.
Its a preproduction show car....

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Moparian said:
Its a preproduction show car....
I don't think that's the issue, you see the same thing on regular production Darts.

Stratuscaster said:
Even sadder when Allpar (well, me, in this thread and one of the other KL threads) stated the same thing - "design" is not "styling" - and no one else apparently picked up on it.
True ;)

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
I'm wondering why they have two different front clips... If the Trailhawk clip provides a better approach angle (and ppl seem to like its appearance better), then why not put it on all four models? Aerodynamics? Fuel economy?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
bethlumboy said:
I'm wondering why they have two different front clips... If the Trailhawk clip provides a better approach angle (and ppl seem to like its appearance better), then why not put it on all four models? Aerodynamics? Fuel economy?
That would be my take - aero/fuel economy.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
Mario9 said:
Well, I'd say to you to try to see the 2014 Cherokee in person before.

Also, Can I ask you which D-SUV are you planning to buy instead?

Based on styling I think you will have a hard time. As you can see from other posts, RAV4 and CRV are far from be a nice design and even Subaru Forester and Ford Escape can't win someone from the styling point of view, IMO.
I'd go get a Journey. pretty darn close segment wise, in reality.Fairly small, I won't be surprised if a similar dynamic occurs between the journey and Cherokee as did the Avenger and Dart.

I could see people coming in for the Cherokee, finding the Journey to be a better fit (It is probably going to end up being cheaper, with incentives and what not), and walking with it instead.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Even sadder when Allpar (well, me, in this thread and one of the other KL threads) stated the same thing - "design" is not "styling" - and no one else apparently picked up on it.
Some did... ;)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I agree about the seats. They appear to be very similar to the Dart seats, and many reviewers (and people for that matter) seem to feel that the "leather" seats feel "overstuffed", while the cloth seats do not suffer from this issue.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
I agree about the seats. They appear to be very similar to the Dart seats, and many reviewers (and people for that matter) seem to feel that the "leather" seats feel "overstuffed", while the cloth seats do not suffer from this issue.
I'd think that after bouncing around off road for a 3 day weekend, or a week at Moab, the over-stuffed seats would be welcome. ;)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
MoparNorm said:
I'd think that after bouncing around off road for a 3 day weekend, or a week at Moab, the over-stuffed seats would be welcome. ;)
I find the opposite honestly. My offroader has a rather firm Recaro with very snug side-bolsters. I find it far more enjoyable If your seat doesn't give you the opportunity to bounce around,

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
I find the opposite honestly. My offroader has a rather firm Recaro with very snug side-bolsters. I find it far more enjoyable If your seat doesn't give you the opportunity to bounce around,
Having side bolsters, is quite a different aspect than being over-stuffed.
Recaro, wow, haven't seen them make a competitive off road seat in decades, what model?
Most performance off road seating is now suspension seating based. Recaros are fine for pavement, but suspension seating, like those from PRP, allow you to drive off road for a dozen hours and still be ambulatory afterward. ;)

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
It's an older model that came out of a city bus that was being scrapped. Not air-ride, but it was designed for a bus driver that sat directly over a leaf-sprung solid front axle.
Ha! The guy that needs a kidney transplant!
Thanks for the reply.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.