Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It is not April 1, but Toyota’s Scion brand still came in dead last  in J.D. Power’s Initial Quality Study (IQS), which measures the number of problems on vehicles after 30 days of ownership.  GM had two brands (GMC and Chevrolet) in the study’s top five; Chrysler had none in the top ten. This is the first time in the study’s 27-year history that GM or Chevrolet have been in the top five, or that GM as a company has come in on top. The most trouble free vehicle was the Lexus LS, which was freshly redesigned for 2013, with 59 problems per hundred vehicles; the best brand was Porsche, with 80. GM’s four brands averaged 98, making GM the only automaker with less than one problem per car. Power redesigned the study for 2013, the first change since 2006, to include new features, and to switch from paper to..

View the original, full post

·
Super Moderator
36,920 Posts
Unfortuantely, it looks like my friend's experience with the Fiat 500 was more typical than I hoped it would be. A couple weeks ago their 500 was bought back after a rather problematic ownership period.

Reactions: moparmuscle

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Progress is good. They need to stay on track.

Fiat is an embarrassment. Marchionne needs to break heads.

But look where Hyundai/Kia are.........and climbing.

Reactions: moparmuscle

·
Registered
59 Posts
Never thought I'd see GM near the top. Chrysler stuff is getting better and I hope that trend continues. Agree on the Fiat side of things. Their quality and reliability isn't so great in Europe either. Then again, I have a Jeep Liberty that was built during the bankruptcy turmoil and maybe it's just coincidence, but it has had a lot of issues. I've had a couple Liberties and the others gave me no problems at all. This 2010 though has been a real challenge. :glare:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Funny, my 2010 just hit 80,000 miles and I haven't had many issues other than expected stuff due to offroading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts