Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Jeep.com briefly posted both city and highway mileage for the 2014 Jeep Cherokee V6, according to Allpar member “mentallica.” Currently, the official web site only shows highway mileage for the two engines, both for front wheel drive models: 29 mpg for the V6, and 31 mpg for the four-cylinder. Temporarily, the site reportedly shows 22 mpg city for the Cherokee V6. The four-cylinder engine is the same one used in the Dodge Dart GT, and produces 184 horsepower with 171 lb-ft of torque; the sophisticated MultiAir II valve control system helps to provide a wide torque curve for better driveability than other 2.4 liter Chrysler engines. The V6 produces 271 horsepower and 239 lb-ft of torque. Both are mated to a state-of-the-art nine-speed automatic made by Chrysler in Indiana.

View the original, full post

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
The V6 is not that big a chunk of change in the Avenger, lets hope its the same in the Jeep, the 9 speed will probably add a bunch of bucks. Wonder if there are any other choices? The 2.7 in my 300 was derated to 187 HP and has 190 Ft Lb torque, hauls it around admirably, I suspect with the 9 speed the 2.4 will be fine for those who don't tow.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sheesh. My 2.4 4-spd auto gets 30 hwy in my Journey, but that is feathering it. My wife may want one of these when we go new again in '15.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
The V6 is not that big a chunk of change in the Avenger, lets hope its the same in the Jeep, the 9 speed will probably add a bunch of bucks. Wonder if there are any other choices? The 2.7 in my 300 was derated to 187 HP and has 190 Ft Lb torque, hauls it around admirably, I suspect with the 9 speed the 2.4 will be fine for those who don't tow.
The 9-speed shouldn't really "add" anything to the price of a Cherokee, since it's the only transaxle available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts