Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Not gonna lie. That Jeep commercial made me cry." "If you didn't see it, you need to!" The buzz is up on the Internet: Chrysler Group has scored again. The two two-minute ads created for Super Bowl XLVII were hits, receiving positive responses from viewers and pundits alike. “For the past two years, we have used the largest television viewing audience to highlight the pride, the resilience and the determination that form an integral part of the American character,” said Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. “Both the Jeep and Ram Truck brand’s campaign videos express Chrysler Group’s commitment to America and to helping build a better future for this great country.”

The Jeep commercial, entitled "Whole Again" aired first. “Whole Again,” narrated by Oprah Winfrey and featuring visuals centered around American families waiting for their loved ones in the service to return. Chrysler calls it a "heartfelt letter" from the..

View the original, full post

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Not gonna lie. That Jeep commercial made me cry." "If you didn't see it, you need to!" The buzz is up on the Internet: Chrysler Group has scored again. The two two-minute ads created for Super Bowl XLVII were hits, receiving positive responses from viewers and pundits alike. “For the past two years, we have used the largest television viewing audience to highlight the pride, the resilience and the determination that form an integral part of the American character,” said Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. “Both the Jeep and Ram Truck brand’s campaign videos express Chrysler Group’s commitment to America and to helping build a better future for this great country.”

The Jeep commercial, entitled "Whole Again" aired first. “Whole Again,” narrated by Oprah Winfrey and featuring visuals centered around American families waiting for their loved ones in the service to return. Chrysler calls it a "heartfelt letter" from the..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Both ads were very moving and will make your eyes water.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Ive heard on local radio, people, ect...... this morning that the overall best ads were the two Chrysler ads and the Bud ad with the baby Clydesdale.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I liked them both (even if I'm not a big Oprah fan) and I'm not even American. By some of the comments on some other sites I'm a little shocked at how many had no idea who Paul Harvey is/was.

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
I had to wait till I got back to my room and watch these online. I'm deployed again, my bucket is the leave before Thanksgiving come home after Valentine's Day rotation. I'm used to watching the Superbowl on AFN with Public Service Announcements in place of the commercials. AFN gets free programing from the states because it does not accept ads.

The Jeep ad, I'm a big a fan of the USO. They take good care of me on the way in, while deployed and on the long trip back home. As a Wrangler Rubicon owner I like that Jeep is helping support the USO. Good production values and emotionally moving. They say the "warrior class" is 1% of the population, at this time of draw-down with new threats sure to arise I'm glad America was reminded on the biggest stage that we are still out there. Away from our families, our dogs and our Jeeps. People in military towns don't need reminding but the rest of the country is war weary and tuning out.

As for military towns Enid Oklahoma is hard to beat. It is the seat of Garfield County, farmers, ranchers, real cowboys and oil men. I'm a city boy, I know nothing of farming but I've been in Enid for over 12 years. I've made many friends amongst the Locals. I see that Ram ad, I see them, I see Enid. It was very popular on Facebook amongst the Enid crowd. Young Kyla a farmers daughter and my vocal teacher proclaimed "Might be my most favorite commercial EVER"

Bravo Chrysler, great job no matter what PMD says next week.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
I agree and so did my wife, I'm just not sure they will sell,product.
Too much product exposure and people say that type of ad is exploitation, too little product exposure and folks will say, "what were they selling?"

Only time will tell if they got it right.

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
MoparNorm said:
I agree and so did my wife, I'm just not sure they will sell,product.
Too much product exposure and people say that type of ad is exploitation, too little product exposure and folks will say, "what were they selling?"

Only time will tell if they got it right.
When they make many of the Top Three List they get people talking about the brands which puts them in the mind of consumers. Hopefully consumers become customers. Sergio can separate Ram from Dodge but media doesn't. I did get a little joy out of that.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
John Rogers said:
When they make many of the Top Three List they get people talking about the brands which puts them in the mind of consumers. Hopefully consumers become customers. Sergio can separate Ram from Dodge but media doesn't. I did get a little joy out of that.
That is the nuance, folks are talking about the COMMERCIAL, it remains to be seen if they talk about the BRANDS.

I agree, the media to a person has called it the Dodge Ram ad.
I know what Sergio was trying to accomplish with "Ram". Now I wonder if those in Italy will appreciate the Doblo, Daily and Ducatto being called a Dodge? ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Last night on television it was aired and the pundits called it the "Chrysler Dodge ad." One of the pundits remarked that he liked the commercial, even if he was unhappy that his Vikings didn't make the Superbowl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts