Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler has declared a lifetime warranty for certain 2007-2008 Dodge Nitro and Jeep Liberty cars, to address a fuel tank inlet check valve issue. On affected cars, when the tank is being filled, gas can spill out of the inlet, particularly after the gas station nozzle has automatically shut off. The problem does not appear to be common, but Chrysler will repair affected vehicles after the problem occurs, or will repay customers who have had the repair done out of warranty.

View the original, full post

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
FYI. Wranglers and Durango/Aspens from this era also have extended fuel filler tube/valve warranties for fuel 'spitback' issues.
If you bought your vehicle used and have never been to a dealer, the automaker may not know that you now own it and can't notify you by mail. The original owner may not be able to reach you either.
There may also be open recalls on any used vehicle that you may not be aware of and the factory may have no idea that the vehicle is now yours.
The dealer can look this up for you with the last 8 of the VIN and current mileage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's true, for those dealers honest and hardworking enough to both check and then tell the truth. (It's more fun to get the customer to pay $100 an hour plus some extra padding, than to get warranty reimbursement at what, $40 an hour?)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
What about Grand Caravans of this era mine has been doing this for about 6 months now I just thought I was filling it to much some how.
Mick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts