Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler showed a L'il Red Express truck, complete with smokestacks, at the big dealer show in Las Vegas earlier this year, saying it would be produced within the next two or three years (as we reported on 9/11/12). However, Ralph Gilles recently tweeted: We recently looked into the stack thing, they are now illegal at least from an OEM Update: the issue appears to be state, rather than federal, regulations. Engineer Bob Sheaves pointed out that there are many different state regulations on exhaust exits, with some states not regulating them at all. While it will disappoint many potential buyers, the truck will likely still be a good runner, with Chrysler's potent Hemi V8 coupled to an eight-speed automatic. The Little Red Express truck was Chrysler's last classic muscle car, with the 360 cubic inch V8 engine, the cam from a 1968 340 V8, a police carburetor, intake, and..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will probrably catch fire for this: but can they design a Mopar accessory set of stacks that are "at your own risk" when you install them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are two approaches to this issue: First, why not include non functional stacks and Second, offer, as suggested elsewhere, a conversion kit "at your own risk" option from MoPar. Issue solved and the Express maintains a unique feature,

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
There are two approaches to this issue: First, why not include non functional stacks and Second, offer, as suggested elsewhere, a conversion kit "at your own risk" option from MoPar. Issue solved and the Express maintains a unique feature,
Much too simple of a solution. ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Was there anything else that set the truck at the show apart? I, for one, would still like to see a Utiline bed. A Li'l Red Express that's just decals would kind of suck.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Well I'm sure that they will want to keep it exclusive in other ways besides the stacks. Are nice fat chrome side-pipes like Viper a possibility?
They could make it strong, like SRT strong.
If they go with the White Oak trim panelling like the original, keep it real. Wood does weather, but so did the faux plastic wood trim on the older Town & Countrys after a few years.
Maybe a black-on black and gold trim Warlock offering like the Adult Toys from Dodge days also?
This may be a great way to reintroduce a tastefully styled step-side pickup truck as envisioned here: http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/145935-step-side-2013-ram/

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I would like to see what the truck, as shown, actually looks like. We haven't seen it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts