Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The United States Postal Service is honoring two Mopars on a series of five muscle-car stamps, issued starting February 22, 2013.  The five stamps will show the 1966 Pontiac GTO, the 1967 Shelby GT-500, the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, the 1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda, and the 1970 Chevelle SS.  The USPS press release reads: Each of these cars represents the adventurous spirit of the muscle-car era. Fast, powerful, and eye-catching, muscle cars roared their way onto America's roads in the 1960s. Typically equipped with big, powerful engines, the five high-performance vehicles depicted on the stamps represent the era's adventurous spirit. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Designed to dominate the racetrack, the outrageously styled 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona was powered by a standard 440-cubic-inch, 375-horsepower Magnum engine. A limited number of Daytonas came equipped with a 426-cubic-inch Hemi, a race-inspired engine. The car also featured multiple additions designed to boost aerodynamics, including..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
384 Posts
The Local Postal Employee showed me the Poster for these last week.... I was like ooooooohhhhhhh, give me some of those!!!!

She was like sorry... they haven't come out yet.

I thought about making a comment that the Poster should have a disclaimer on the bottom stating "Preproduction Models Shown".
LOL....

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
You might accuse me of being a philatelist, but I'm going to get some of these...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm totally buying a book of those.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Very Cool!

I guess I need to go into a Post Office...its been a long time!

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Thinking about it, I think I want the poster from the post office even more than the stamps...

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,103 Posts
Sure will reduce the boredom of paying checks by mail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts