Allpar Forums banner

AN: Maserati’s clues to the 2016 Charger

15K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  pabbloz 
#1 ·

The release of two Maseratis may provide some clues as to what the future holds for big Chrysler cars. The Ghibli, in particular, is roughly the size of the Chrysler 300C, but there much of the resemblance ends. It has its own engines, two turbocharged gasoline V-types and one modified VM diesel; and it has many unique features and different body style. Still, like the current Charger and 300C, Maserati has a double-wishbone front suspension and a five-arm multilink system — but it has been set up very differently, for sportier handling and a lighter feel. Based on these choices, and keeping in mind that Maserati has a different cost equation, it seems likely that the suspensions of the large Chrysler cars will not be completely redesigned when the current line is finally shut down. Instead, we now expect that they will be substantially altered, with major changes to..

View the original, full post

See less See more
#52 ·
Jackratchett said:
What a Charger front end could look like with a Ghibli transparent overlay to show the same hood fender and grill locations.

#53 ·
Jackratchett said:
What a Charger front end could look like with a Ghibli transparent overlay to show the same hood fender and grill locations.

I like the hood with it's down word vent. But the rest of it, grill & head lights, I sure hope not.

#55 ·
UN4GTBL said:
Jack, can you put a current SRT Charger grille & headlights on it?

#59 ·
UN4GTBL said:
I like the grille.Headlights would have to be restyled to work thoughThanks!
Agreed, they would have to be tapered towards the center, like in the Dart.

#61 ·
Jackratchett said:

I know your just getting started here but the nose is starting to look a bit much like a Firebird's. Can you give us a full-faced "HARMONICA" with a 2015 twist. Maybe if the corners were out to the inner edge of the projectors and the upper line moved rewards to where the ram-air intake is on the nose cap?? Just my thoughts...

#62 ·
A Question:

What Would an Ad for "Blocks are Us" Look Like???

TMD

Yes Turn You Know What On.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.