Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler has made a final decision about which brand(s) will get a minivan, design chief Ralph Gilles told Allpar this week. When we asked at the New York Auto Show about the new design direction for Chrysler and Lancia would affect the new Chrysler minivan, Mr. Gilles said that the question of which brand or brands are getting a minivan was “decided internally, but they’re not decided externally. We don’t talk about what we’re doing externally, because we don’t want to cause any undue concern with our dealers or the public. But internally, the plan is quite cemented and we’re well on our way. We’re deep in development right now.” Sergio Marchionne had told Allpar and other outlets in January, at the Detroit Auto Show, that the new minivans would show up around 2015-2016, and that their architecture had been determined. At the time, he said that no final..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Allpar News System said:

Chrysler has made a final decision about which brand(s) will get a minivan, design chief Ralph Gilles told Allpar this week. When we asked at the New York Auto Show about the new design direction for Chrysler and Lancia would affect the new Chrysler minivan, Mr. Gilles said that the question of which brand or brands are getting a minivan was “decided internally, but they’re not decided externally. We don’t talk about what we’re doing externally, because we don’t want to cause any undue concern with our dealers or the public. But internally, the plan is quite cemented and we’re well on our way. We’re deep in development right now.” Sergio Marchionne had told Allpar and other outlets in January, at the Detroit Auto Show, that the new minivans would show up around 2015-2016, and that their architecture had been determined. At the time, he said that no final..

View the original, full post
You can see what way this is going to go. It will be the T&C and they will price themselves out of the market again like they did with Durango. They should keep it as a Dodge and keep it a value oriented vehicle that you can still get for $18000 to 20000 if you want. The current AVP package is a great value. I was hoping it would be around in a couple of years so we will see.

·
Super Moderator
21,353 Posts
I wish we could go back to the days where there was good side and rear-ward visibility. I drive trucks so I know how to use mirrors.
The modern high belt lines and small windows are moving away from that. I used to be able to look all around me in the older vehicles.
Something like this will probably require a ParkView camera as standard equipment.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Agreed! That's one reason I enjoy my '97 van so much, you can see everything! It's a shame we have to add complex technology such as backup cameras, etc. when a good piece of glass would work better. Seems we need style over practicality and safety.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rearward visability is definately decreasing as the years go on with newer automotive designs, but this has more to do with crash and roll-over protection than styling. Sheet metal is much stonger than a piece of glass is. Also smaller window openings make a more rigid unibody structure. This is the way its going to be from now on with all vehicles to meet FMVS standards. Back up sensors and cameras are the new trade-off for rearward visability.
ImperialCrown said:
I wish we could go back to the days where there was good side and rear-ward visibility. I drive trucks so I know how to use mirrors.
The modern high belt lines and small windows are moving away from that. I used to be able to look all around me in the older vehicles.
Something like this will probably require a ParkView camera as standard equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts