Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Last week, Allpar received the first sneak peek at the Mopar '13 limited-edition vehicle and predicted it would be a Dart. Today, Chrysler introduced the limited-edition Mopar ’13 Dart, the fourth special-edition Mopar-badged vehicle since 2009. It will have Mopar performance parts and accessories, and only 500 will be built at the Belvidere, Illinois, plant this spring.

The Mopar ’13 Dart will have the 1.4-liter turbo engine, manual transmission, gloss-black paint, and two car-length Mopar Blue stripes. Higher performance comes in handling and braking, with a special steering-gear calibration, 7 mm lower suspension, low-profile 225/40R18 tires, premium brake kit with slotted rotors, and performance-tuned exhaust. In the looks department, the Dart will have a front-chin spoiler, one-piece deck-lid spoiler, and rear diffuser. A Mopar badge will be in the grille, and a Mopar logo will be on the 18-inch gloss-black wheels’ center caps. Inside, there will be a..

View the original, full post

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Last week, Allpar received the first sneak peek at the Mopar '13 limited-edition vehicle and predicted it would be a Dart. Today, Chrysler introduced the limited-edition Mopar ’13 Dart, the fourth special-edition Mopar-badged vehicle since 2009. It will have Mopar performance parts and accessories, and only 500 will be built at the Belvidere, Illinois, plant this spring. The Mopar ’13 Dart will have the 1.4-liter turbo engine, manual transmission, gloss-black paint, and two car-length Mopar Blue stripes. Higher performance comes in handling and braking, with a special steering-gear calibration, 7 mm lower suspension, low-profile 225/40R18 tires, premium brake kit with slotted rotors, and performance-tuned exhaust. In the looks department, the Dart will have a front-chin spoiler, one-piece deck-lid spoiler, and rear diffuser. A Mopar badge will be in the grille, and a Mopar logo will be on the 18-inch gloss-black wheels’ center caps. Inside, there will be a..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
67 Posts
Could someone photoshop this with the Dart's black headlight bezels like the ones on the GT/Rallye? I'm just curious how it would look since everything else is black on the car.

Otherwise looks awesome! I love the driver's seat!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Keep in mind these pictures are from Oct 2012. Id be willing to bet that the headlights are the blacked out ones from the GT.

Reactions: dodge_er3

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Hmm.. i want the interior bezel/mood lighting.. it'll match my car WAY better. O.O

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Looks menacing. just like a Dodge should. Limiting production should put this in the hands of those who really want it. The 1.4 is the only performance choice so far but I bet a lot of these will get purchasers assistance in some way.
The handling idea is great, maybe some of these could arrive at enthusiast magazines. I'll give it a 9.5 on a scale of 10.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Moparian said:
Keep in mind these pictures are from Oct 2012. Id be willing to bet that the headlights are the blacked out ones from the GT
Hopefully!

Also, it needs fogs, racetrack tail lights

IMHO, the strip should be closer to the driver's side of the car, and the driver's seat should be black/blue like the rest of them, not blue/black

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Im trying to get one ordered.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I also dislike the inconsistent seat color...but it is what it is. That and I agree with the fog lights and racetrack taillights should really be on there. Otherwise looks like a good buy to me. But definitely not one for me.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Hopefully!

Also, it needs fogs, racetrack tail lights

IMHO, the strip should be closer to the driver's side of the car, and the driver's seat should be black/blue like the rest of them, not blue/black
Racetrack lights are on the option list as part of the package!!!

We really need the option list posted again, it's in the other thread. You even quoted it in the last thread :lol: geez! Note it does show black headlamp bezels.

Wheels: 18" x 7.0" Gloss Black Aluminum
Tires: P225/40R18 XL
AS Body Colour Crosshair w/Black Surround
Black Headlamp Bezels
Black Shift Bezel w/Accent Stitching
Blue Brake Calipers
Blue Hood, Roof & Deck Lid Graphic
Body Colour Door Handles
Delete Floor Mats
Gloss Black Interior Accents
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
Bi-Xenon Headlamps
LED Racetrack Taillamps Lt
Black Chrome I/P & HVAC Bezels
MOPAR Blue Accents
MOPAR Body Colour Front Spoiler
MOPAR Exterior Badging
MOPAR Front Splash Guards
MOPAR Performance Exhaust
MOPAR Premium Floor Mats w/Logo
MOPAR Rear Decklid Spoiler
MOPAR Shift Handle
MOPAR Stainless Door Sill Guards
MOPAR Wireless Charging Pad SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio 1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service Additional Subscription Fees Apply For More Info Call 888-539-7474 Radio:
UConnect 8.4 CD/MP3 Includes 8.4" touch screen.

Mike

Sir Moses Wellington said:
I also dislike the inconsistent seat color...but it is what it is. That and I agree with the fog lights and racetrack taillights should really be on there. Otherwise looks like a good buy to me. But definitely not one for me.
It is "consistent". Driver has a blue seat with black trim and passenger has a black seat with blue trim. You can't get it any other way.

The emphasis is on the driver, all Mopar vehicles have consistently something unique to the drivers seat.

Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
Love it or Hate it... it's about as "Performance" as we are going to get out of the DART for right now.

Do I order a Mopar '13.... or continue my hope that SRT isn't going to let us down????

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
BigDaddySRT said:
Love it or Hate it... it's about as "Performance" as we are going to get out of the DART for right now.

Do I order a Mopar '13.... or continue my hope that SRT isn't going to let us down????
Well your looking at 2-3 years before a possible DSRT....I am going to try and order one. It comes equipped exactly how I want it. I am going to see how much the passenger side seat cover is and try and get it to replace the drivers side so they all match.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Moparian said:
Well your looking at 2-3 years before a possible DSRT....I am going to try and order one. It comes equipped exactly how I want it. I am going to see how much the passenger side seat cover is and try and get it to replace the drivers side so they all match.
If the Leather Interior is going to be produced by Catzkin again... then I'd want to switch out every piece of Leather.

The Catzkin Leather in the Mopar '11 was hard as a rock and a big dissapointment.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
BigDaddySRT said:
If the Leather Interior is going to be produced by Catzkin again... then I'd want to switch out every piece of Leather.

The Catzkin Leather in the Mopar '11 was hard as a rock and a big dissapointment.
Katzkin wih a "K"

I don't know what was in the Mopar 11 but the katzin's kit my friend got for his Abarth is just awesome.

Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mike V. said:
Katzkin wih a "K"

I don't know what was in the Mopar 11 but the katzin's kit my friend got for his Abarth is just awesome.

Mike
Well... the "Factory" Katzkin Leather in the Mopar '11 is hard and stiff... it's like the seat has too much foam padding and the leather is hard pressed to fit.

I love the Suede Leather Sport Seats in my 2011 Charger... very soft and supple.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Mike V. said:
Racetrack lights are on the option list as part of the package!!!

We really need the option list posted again, it's in the other thread. You even quoted it in the last thread :lol: geez! Note it does show black headlamp bezels.

Wheels: 18" x 7.0" Gloss Black Aluminum
Tires: P225/40R18 XL
AS Body Colour Crosshair w/Black Surround
Black Headlamp Bezels
Black Shift Bezel w/Accent Stitching
Blue Brake Calipers
Blue Hood, Roof & Deck Lid Graphic
Body Colour Door Handles
Delete Floor Mats
Gloss Black Interior Accents
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
Bi-Xenon Headlamps
LED Racetrack Taillamps Lt
Black Chrome I/P & HVAC Bezels
MOPAR Blue Accents
MOPAR Body Colour Front Spoiler
MOPAR Exterior Badging
MOPAR Front Splash Guards
MOPAR Performance Exhaust
MOPAR Premium Floor Mats w/Logo
MOPAR Rear Decklid Spoiler
MOPAR Shift Handle
MOPAR Stainless Door Sill Guards
MOPAR Wireless Charging Pad SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio 1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service Additional Subscription Fees Apply For More Info Call 888-539-7474 Radio:
UConnect 8.4 CD/MP3 Includes 8.4" touch screen.

Mike
I was going by the media pictures, not stuff we have found "leaked" previously. I do hope that you are right though with the list.

I don't understand having media pictures of a vehicle that doesn't accurately represent the vehicle that will be available.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
I was going by the media pictures, not stuff we have found "leaked" previously. I do hope that you are right though with the list.

I don't understand having media pictures of a vehicle that doesn't accurately represent the vehicle that will be available.
Because it is preproduction. ;)

Mike

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'd love to own this car.. but the blue drivers seat is ..ridiculous lol. Why not just blue inserts in each seat? I mean.. I'm 41 yrs old.. I don't want people seeing me as an 18 yr old with bad taste...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Moparian said:
I like the car and the tweaks they've done to it, however the 1.4 L turbo is not enough for me. I'm not an expert on power to weight ratios so I'll wait to see what the DSRT has in store.

·
Registered
384 Posts
UN4GTBL said:

You expected something different from Mopar.... every "Preproduction" picture of a Mopar Edition Vehicle had parts that never made it to the actual production vehicle.

If they are going to keep the DART to a 500 Vehicle Limit... then put every Mopar Performance Part on it and sell it.

Plus... they need to change the Plaques in the Vehicle to say "Number of 500" rather than "Number" and see how many they can sell.

joegofaster said:
I like the car and the tweaks they've done to it, however the 1.4 L turbo is not enough for me. I'm not an expert on power to weight ratios so I'll wait to see what the DSRT has in store.
Well... you are going to be waiting on SRT for a while.

The Mopar '13 is the best "Performance" DART you can get right now.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts