Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler's  Mopar® division is making in-vehicle wireless charging available on the 2013 Dodge Dart, set to arrive this summer. The industry-first setup uses an integrated power bin, 8.27 inches by 9.5 inches by 3.25 inches, below the center stack; its charging grid is activated when customers place a battery-powered device in the bin (if the car is running). A phone case is required and included. The system (part number  82213216) retails for $200; installation is extra. Update from Automotive News: the system is supplied by Jvis USA, which operates in five countries but is based in "suburban Detroit."

View the original, full post

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a posible way that this Title can be correct? When info is wrong it reflects of many, the writer, chrysler, and most Important, Owners. LOL....This is Far from and not in any way Induction or Inductive. That is the BIG Mistake that Chrysler made or still making is not using that Technology instead of this Conductive charger. The charger has to make contact with connectors on phone etc to touch conductive mat to charge.....All Phone makers, other car makers, Restaurants etc etc all are using or adding the Standard Induction technology. The standard is called Qi.....Samsung's FlagShip phones all have Induction built in and Apple working on theirs.....Why would Chrsyler pick the OLD technology that no one uses and we already own several chargers on our Inductive.......BAD Choice Chrysler....Please don't follow in Apple's Foot Steps and make sure your products don't play well with others and not compatible with what we own now...LOL...Quick, change it to Inductive before we are teased about what a DUMB decision my Jeep owner made to step back in technology.....Cahnge Title if Possibile so we don't look Dumb to Readers seeing it is worded wrong and attack our jeeps etc....lol...thanks

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Is there a posible way that this Title can be correct? When info is wrong it reflects of many, the writer, chrysler, and most Important, Owners. LOL....This is Far from and not in any way Induction or Inductive. That is the BIG Mistake that Chrysler made or still making is not using that Technology instead of this Conductive charger. The charger has to make contact with connectors on phone etc to touch conductive mat to charge.....All Phone makers, other car makers, Restaurants etc etc all are using or adding the Standard Induction technology. The standard is called Qi.....Samsung's FlagShip phones all have Induction built in and Apple working on theirs.....Why would Chrsyler pick the OLD technology that no one uses and we already own several chargers on our Inductive.......BAD Choice Chrysler....Please don't follow in Apple's Foot Steps and make sure your products don't play well with others and not compatible with what we own now...LOL...Quick, change it to Inductive before we are teased about what a DUMB decision my Jeep owner made to step back in technology.....Cahnge Title if Possibile so we don't look Dumb to Readers seeing it is worded wrong and attack our jeeps etc....lol...thanks
Ill let Bob comment on the technical part here...... but you completely wrong about the Galaxy S3 having Qi or any wireless charging capability built in, Apple stated that wireless charging was pointless and added unnecessary bulk to the phone. Nokia is the only one that has Qi built into the Lumia 920. As far as changing the title, this article came from the Autonews feed, not Allpar so you should probably go talk to them about changing the title.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Apple's products don't play well with others?

Since when?

Also, I do not understand the obsession with wireless charging. I don't have an issue with plugging in my phone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ugh, separate the phone and mat by a sheet of paper and it will still work. What does that mean? There are plenty of ways to look dumb. For example, totally disregarding grammar.

By the way, my Sonicare toothbrush is also inductively charged.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
So, does the system meet the new Qi standards?

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
This thread must be a record for fewests posts over the longest time frame. :blink:

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
:lol:

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Almost a year later and it's back!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Mike V. said:
Almost a year later and it's back!
and the wireless charger is still not out. LOL. Mopar has dropped the ball hard on these accessories for the Dart.

Reactions: suzq044 and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Dropping the ball for a $200+, phone charger, that doesn't work on the most popular phones, for an entry level car, ins't that big of a mistake. I can't see very many Dart buyers opting for such an expensive device over the $2.50 phone charger they got off Ebay.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
It's more that it's not JUST this accessory. They were supposed to have alot; and there's barely anything from Mopar out for the Dart. Hell, the R/T They debut'd almost a year ago isn't out either, so.. o_O

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Muther said:
Dropping the ball for a $200+, phone charger, that doesn't work on the most popular phones, for an entry level car, ins't that big of a mistake. I can't see very many Dart buyers opting for such an expensive device over the $2.50 phone charger they got off Ebay.
The charging case is universal to fit many types of phones, including the iPhone which arguably is the most popular and prevalent phone in the developed world.....and I said accessories as in more than just the wireless charger.

suzq044 said:
It's more that it's not JUST this accessory. They were supposed to have alot; and there's barely anything from Mopar out for the Dart. Hell, the R/T They debut'd almost a year ago isn't out either, so.. o_O
Thank you!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Moparian said:
The charging case is universal to fit many types of phones, including the iPhone which arguably is the most popular and prevalent phone in the developed world.....and I said accessories as in more than just the wireless charger.

Thank you!
Fair enough. I still don't see how not having a $200 phone charger (plus install) is all that bad a thing. There may not be enough Darts out there to warrant the development of such accessories.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Muther said:
Fair enough. I still don't see how not having a $200 phone charger (plus install) is all that bad a thing. There may not be enough Darts out there to warrant the development of such accessories.
Then why develop it?

There are dealerships with this part...

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Why would you not develop one that is usable in more than one vehicle? :huh:
Who is to say it won't?

There is a similar space in the dash of the Charger, Ram (w/front console), Durango, etc

They would just have to put the actual charger in a different piece of trim plastic

1 - 20 of 49 Posts