Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Longtime friend of the site Superduckie captured this mule car running around Southgate. It looks like one of the Alfa Romeo mules used for developing Dart suspensions and powertrains, and could be ... any number of planned cars for Chrysler and Alfa Romeo. The bodywork appears to largely be Alfa Romeo, but the interior, according to Superduckie, seems to be Chrysler-like. It seems too small (especially under the hood) to be the upcoming Barracuda/Avenger, but there have been rumors of a Dart hatchback for sometime; likewise, Alfa Romeo is coming to the United States “any year now,” and this could actually be an Alfa. Or... let us hide before we say this... the Jeep Compass replacement, known to be coming into production in a year or two. The ground clearance seems low for a Jeep, though. For the moment, we’re guessing it’s an Alfa Romeo disguised as an Alfa..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
When I was at Auburn Hills a few weeks ago, there were numerous Alfa waiting mule duty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't make out the tag in the upper right hand corner of the rear window, but it's probably a UF or 200 replacement. I've seen others with that bumper and dual exhaust driving around that are UF mules.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
I'd think they would use a Dart for a Dart hatch, no?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Heres my guess could they be testing the new powertrains for Alfa that were co developed with Ferrari?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Why oh why do designers have to copy each other... especially this U-G-L-Y rear roofline style! :thumbsdown:

Reactions: Bob Lincoln

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
55Plaza said:
Why oh why do designers have to copy each other... especially this U-G-L-Y rear roofline style! :thumbsdown:
It is a mule, the real car that it is representing will not look like that. There is a 99.9% chance that what you see is NOT what you will get.

Dart Mules and Cherokee Mules used that SAME body work.

BTW, that hacked up roofline started as an Alfa Giulietta... Which is a nearly four year old design. It is not new, nor a copy of anything.

Mike

Reactions: MoparNorm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dr. Z said:
Could be. That was however dropped, or so they said. Is 200 coming as a two door hatch? Might be a powertrain mule for 200 but you can use Cherokees for that since it's the same powertrain!
First off, this is a 4 door. And as it's been said before, the body has no bearing on what the end product will be. These same Giulietta mules are used for Dart, Cherokee, 200 mules or any future vehicles on the CUSW platform. This is probably a 200 mule with a 3.6L / 9HP powertrain, so it's not the same as the Cherokee.

What no gravy! said:
Isn't this just the same mule that was supposed to be a new compact Chrysler, i.e. the 100?
There really weren't any Chrysler 100 mules. They were all 200 mules. The sticker on the upper right of the rear window has the model code in it. Check all of the previous spyshots, I guarantee they contain "UF" which is the model designation of the next gen 200.

Example: http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2012/06/Chrysler-100-spied-rear-1024x640.jpg

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
It's a mule using a Giulietta body shell. Same basic shell they've used for Dart and Cherokee. That's why everything looks like a Giulietta for the last 2 years.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
i did hear that the 200 will come in 3 Body styles, Coupe, Convert, and Sedan.. this could be the Coupe in the making.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If the interior is indeed 'Chrysler-like' it would be interesting to compare it to existing CUSW based vehicles to see if there's any difference. If so, that might be worth looking at.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Mike V. said:
art Mules and Cherokee Mules used that SAME body work.

Mike
[SIZE=12pt]Very funny Mike, your link to Cherokee Mules went to Ebay: Cherokee Mules slip on Brown Leather Shoes womens sz 6 :glare:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

Yes, I know "t is a mule, the real car that it is representing will not look like that.". Yes while the Cherokee rear roof line didn't end up as drastic as that one
http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/2014-cherokee.html
but there are a lot of vehicles running around today with that mooshed rear roof line, that's what I was referring to.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
55Plaza said:
Very funny Mike, your link to Cherokee Mules went to Ebay: Cherokee Mules slip on Brown Leather Shoes womens sz 6 :glare:

Yes, I know "t is a mule, the real car that it is representing will not look like that.". Yes while the Cherokee rear roof line didn't end up as drastic as that one
http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/2014-cherokee.html
but there are a lot of vehicles running around today with that mooshed rear roof line, that's what I was referring to.
I didn't link anything, I have no control of ad services on Allpar.

That body was designed easily six years ago. That body has been used on many mules.

Mike

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
Maybe it's a Dart coupe! If Chrysler is getting the mainstream vehicles, maybe the Dart sedan will become the Chrysler 100 sedan during its refresh in 2015 (new fascias, hood, wheels, and interior) and the Dodge Dart coupe could retain the Dart's fascias, hood, wheels, and interior and come standard with the 2.4 and rear-biased AWD. Compact muscle coupe to slot below the Barracuda and Challenger!

Or it could be the Dart or 100 hatchback...

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
bethlumboy said:
Maybe it's a Dart coupe! If Chrysler is getting the mainstream vehicles, maybe the Dart sedan will become the Chrysler 100 sedan during its refresh in 2015 (new fascias, hood, wheels, and interior) and the Dodge Dart coupe could retain the Dart's fascias, hood, wheels, and interior and come standard with the 2.4 and rear-biased AWD. Compact muscle coupe to slot below the Barracuda and Challenger!

Or it could be the Dart or 100 hatchback...
:lol: we can dream can't we?

Mike

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
Mike V. said:
:lol: we can dream can't we?

Mike
Hope springs eternal! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts