Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In the beginning, press kits tended to be typewritten pages, stapled together (in the years before scanners), and sometimes accompanied by a few black and white glossy photos — actual photos, with typewritten captions. When Chrysler started to surge forward in the 1990s, their press books gained bulk, as one writer in particular explored every aspect of the new cars' uniqueness and advances. The media who chose to actually read the books would read about the world firsts from a company they may have thought was hopelessly behind the curve, a status instantly dispelled by the LH, then the Neon and Ram.

The next step was the “fun” press kit. While these generally came after the bulky, fact-filled books, they were catchy and more obviously desirable as keepsakes and souvenirs of a show -- they were “things to get.” These included the box of Durangos cereal, the minivan popcorn,..

View the original, full post

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
I've got to get my hands on some of those, especially the oil bottle one. Chrysler doesn't just mail them out to media on their list as in the olden days; now you have to actually show up and be in line to grab one off a table.

I still have two boxes of "Durangos" and a lunch kit from the 1998 introduction of the Dakota R/T truck with a PowerBar inside that I'm sure you wouldn't want to eat now. :lol:

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Could use a photo of the lunch kit
One half of the box shows the R/T, the other a concept called the "Big Red Truck". I hadn't opened this in several years and forgot just how much stuff was inside it.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Would love to have one of the oil bottles

The lunch kit is cool!!!.

I acquired a gold plated socket set with Chrysler stamped on the sockets many many years ago.

Mike

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Those are pretty cool!

I'm glad I grabbed a Dart kit a little while ago. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts