Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mopar has announced new “all-in-one” transmission, transaxle, and differential rebuild kits “for most Chrysler Group LLC vehicles,” designed to reduce rebuild time. Automatic transmission kits include overhaul kits (all needed gaskets, seals, filters, converter bolts, check balls, pistons, snap rings, “and more”), banner kits which include those items plus friction, and masters kits, which add friction and clutch separator plates. These are available for 30/32RH, 31TH, 40TE/TES, 41TE/41TES, 42LE, 42RE, 42RLE, 44RE, 44RFE, 46RE, 47RE, 48RE, 62TE, 65RFE, 68RFE, and NAG1 (Mercedes). Manual transmission kits include overhaul kits, Plus with needle bearings, and Master with needle bearings and synchronizer rings. Differential kits include all tapered bearings and races, pinion seals, nuts and washers, shims, sealant and gear marking compound with a brush, ring gear bolts, Loctite®, and the cover gasket.

View the original, full post

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
These have been available for years?

The trans kits for at least 10 years, and the diff kits for about 5...

Unless there is something new in them?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
they stopped selling these kits about 5-10 years ago, thankfully they have come to their senses. likely in an attempt to reduce expenses of repair by having a tech order a complete assembly rather than rebuilding a unit.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
I saw them listed on a plastic deskpad at the counter of the Chrysler parts counter a couple weeks ago when I got plugs and wires for my PT Cruiser.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
fargo59 said:
they stopped selling these kits about 5-10 years ago, thankfully they have come to their senses. likely in an attempt to reduce expenses of repair by having a tech order a complete assembly rather than rebuilding a unit.
Hmm.. Ive been ordering the trans kits consistently for the past 10 years. lol. They still had em, you just had to have the old books to know the part#'s. They didnt really support them with literature.

Tracy has had the Diff kits for about 5 years now as part of the "R" program... they were all R part numbers... but you could order them directly through Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
wow, that would have been so much easier than the picking parts off starparts like ive had to do for the past 6 years as the parts people had no idea.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
fargo59 said:
wow, that would have been so much easier than the picking parts off starparts like ive had to do for the past 6 years as the parts people had no idea.
Yeah, I dont know why they didnt advertise it better.

I actually got the Diff kit info from the Tracy rep. But ALL of it was available through Dealer Connect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts