Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Recently, much media attention has been focused on the Cars.com "American-Made Index" which had the Ford F-150's "out-Americaning" the Toyota Camry based on domestic content. This is an important bragging point because "Buy American" has long been a watch phrase for many in the U.S. Whether it's patriotism or concern for the economy, these buyers want to buy a real American car or truck. The problem is determining which vehicles are American. In an effort to help consumers, every light vehicle contains somewhere on the Monroney Label (the "window sticker") a domestic content statement that has been required by the American Automobile Labeling Act (AALA) since 1994. The label must contain: 1. The percentage U.S./Canadian equipment (parts) content; 2. The names of any countries other than the U.S. and Canada which individually contribute 15 percent or more of the equipment content, and the percentage content for each such country..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
That makes sense.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Last of its kind. Being old school I like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love seeing that , I drive a 2010 avenger , trust me its a good car , don't believe the haters that have probably never driven one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts