Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reader mopardrt sent over these fine photos of a Chrysler 200 running down I-75. He called “half Alfa Romeo and half Chrysler 200,” identifying it as a test mule running around with a Header Orange Dodge Dart that had no trim badges. The 2015 Chrysler 200 is expected to replace the current model over the summer in calendar-year 2014; it will reportedly use the 3.2 liter V6 and TigerShark version of the 2.4 liter engine, with a nine-speed automatic (essentially the same powertrain used by Jeep Cherokee). In Europe and India, the 200/Flavia is likely to use a Fiat diesel, with the 2997 cc “3.0” V6 replacing the larger, displacement-tax-unfriendly gasoline engines. Based on the same base platform and architecture as the Dodge Dart, the new 200 will likely carry similar retail prices to the current one, but without the massive rebates and markdowns which have kept 200s popular in..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Mule is Mule.

Cant tell much from that. Grille maybe right.. rest, not even close. lol. Thank God those headlights are obviously hacked in, and not really much more than something to use as lights.. lol.

My guess? Powertrain/cooling validation mule.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
same mule that's been doing the rounds for more than a year now...

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
RVC said:
Yup

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was in Las Vegas last year for the Chrysler Dealer Announcement show where we saw several new vehicles that some to this day have not been seen to the general public. I can tell you that the spy shots of this car are not a 200 but rather a Chrysler 100. I saw both and the 200 is a four door sedan and looks very similar to jack Ratchets drawings. The 100 in full build looks much better then this mule. Beautiful car. The 200 as well. Reminded many of us of an Audi A4 or A6.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wait...So did Moparman just confirm the Chrysler 100. I thought we weren't sure about that one.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Considering that this is simply the same style CUSW mules they have been using, it should not look like the real 200 nor the supposed 100.

All you see in this picture is a hacked up Alfa body with Chrysler grille riding on a future Chrysler 200 drivetrain and suspension.

Nothing more, nothing less

Mike

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Dave said:
We will have new and improved renderings on Monday.
Woo hoo!

Mike

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
RVC said:
Yeah I know, I just wanted to get in before the inevetable "OMG THATS HIDEOUS HOW CAN THEY BUILD A POS THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT?!?!?!" comments... hopefully to nip some of that thought process in the bud :)

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Chrysfan said:
Wait...So did Moparman just confirm the Chrysler 100. I thought we weren't sure about that one.
Last year they where talking about having a 100 in a few years but then they droped in from their plan.

·
Fits and Finishes
1,108 Posts
MOPARMAN44914 said:
I was in Las Vegas last year for the Chrysler Dealer Announcement show where we saw several new vehicles that some to this day have not been seen to the general public. I can tell you that the spy shots of this car are not a 200 but rather a Chrysler 100. I saw both and the 200 is a four door sedan and looks very similar to jack Ratchets drawings. The 100 in full build looks much better then this mule. Beautiful car. The 200 as well. Reminded many of us of an Audi A4 or A6.
What a relief! I was about to cry. Much obliged, Moparman.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mopar22 said:
Last year they where talking about having a 100 in a few years but then they droped in from their plan.
So if they showed the 100 in Las Vegas, does that mean it's back on?

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
MOPARMAN44914 said:
Which generation? current?

edit - sidebar: is anybody else experiencing an issue with quoting where it pops up to the top of the page when you hit quote, instead of the bottom? (Windows 7; Chrome browser)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Ohhhhh, how I wish I was at SHAP right now. I'd probably transfer to every plant in the area just for pilot season if I could. :)

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
suzq044 said:
edit - sidebar: is anybody else experiencing an issue with quoting where it pops up to the top of the page when you hit quote, instead of the bottom? (Windows 7; Chrome browser)
Constantly, and it's rather annoying.

·
Registered
210 Posts
MOPARMAN44914 said:
Great!!!! because this one don't looks like a 200!! looks more than a Dart upgraded.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts