Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
I know we don't know what it will look like but Jack's rendering would drive me nuts. This 'coupe like" styling on 4 door sedans just creates huge blind spots.
I supplement my mirrors by turning my head. That beltline that rises as it goes back, the small rear side glass and the high butt would have me cussing every time I had to drive it around town or in a parking lot.
The 94 Vision we owned had back glass that sloped back but the beltline was low and the trunk deck wasn't as tall. So even though it was a large car it was fairly easy to see out of.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
JRS200x said:
Don't you worry.. It'll have blind spot monitoring! :p
My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday. By making cars "safer" it is harder to see traffic and easier to have an accident. So you need the extra safety only because they made them safer..

Yet my daily driver for 23 years have been XJ Cherokee's. Short, narrow, no ABS, no traction control, no stability control, no blind spot sensors, no back up cameras. No flips or rolls and the only accident was getting rear ended at an intersection.

It is precisely because it has thin roof pillars, gobs of glass everywhere and little in the way of blind spots that has made it such a safe daily driver for 23 years.

If I can see it, it won't surprise me.

I know they can't build them like that anymore. I'm just saying I feel safer when I can see. And being able to see traffic makes me a better driver.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Since I was the first to say anything I want to explain.

I did not mean to give any negative impression of Jackrachett's skills. I greatly appreciate his time and talents. It gives us an idea of what to expect. I'm not faulting him when I find fault with the design and styling direction the automakers have taken. I merely voice my own opinions based on 34 years of driving. I feel I am a safer and better driver when I can see out of the vehicle I can driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.