Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
oh2o said:
The dates seem to be based on old information from last year... if JS were to end in May and UF started in October then no 2013MY JS, and UF would have to be 2014MY.

UF launch was originally scheduled for October, I believe it has now been moved to Q1-Q2 2014. Pretty sure it will be a 2015MY.

Last I checked there will be 2014MY JS, with launch in July and final builds rolling out January 2014.
If it is to be a MY2015, production cannot be before Jan 1, 2014 legally.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,409 Posts
More Questions.

Will ATB be in 1/14?

If So How Long of a C/O?

TMD

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,299 Posts
Dodge needs a mid sizes car I don;t think the Avenger name is necessary but it would be nice. I also think it should be more traditional styling than the 200, close to its Dodge heritage just a tad smoother. .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Who is Jack Ratchett and just how much does he actually know as far as inside info. on the 200? I sure hope he's wrong in his rendering because that's one ugly car IMO. I liked the the previous renderings of the blue ones posted on Allpar a few days ago much better than his.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Jack is a well known individual in the world of Fiat-Chrysler he knows most of what-ever is going on design wise. The Difference between His Rendering and the Previous ones is that Jack used a exsisting automobile as a starting point using design cues of the car seen at the Dealers meeting.. the others were Non chrysler related design studys started from scratch

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jaime said:
I will tell you, I was looking at a charger but the cost of the 200 is hard to beat!
The price of the 200 is very hard to beat, but take it from a guy that had a 2007 Charger, a 2008 300, a 2010 300, and \now has a 2012 200, if you can swing it, go for the Charger.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The image below is the latest "based on what we’ve been told of its looks."

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
pallen said:
The price of the 200 is very hard to beat, but take it from a guy that had a 2007 Charger, a 2008 300, a 2010 300, and \now has a 2012 200, if you can swing it, go for the Charger.
Yeah, you get what you pay for. Charger is by far a superior vehicle, except in the snow.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Since I was the first to say anything I want to explain.

I did not mean to give any negative impression of Jackrachett's skills. I greatly appreciate his time and talents. It gives us an idea of what to expect. I'm not faulting him when I find fault with the design and styling direction the automakers have taken. I merely voice my own opinions based on 34 years of driving. I feel I am a safer and better driver when I can see out of the vehicle I can driving.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mike V. said:
And the delays continue...
Would anyone care to guess as to why the delays are there?
Could it be the there isn't enough money in the bank to make happen?
Or the uncertainity of the economy?
Maybe the plants are so near to capacity that there is no room to introduce new models, doesn't apply to change over to updated models.
Or, is there a shortage of engineers to pull off the launch? And why?
And, priorities/Who sets the priorities? I would assume SM.

·
Registered
435 Posts
SptFury said:
Maybe the plants are so near to capacity that there is no room to introduce new models, doesn't apply to change over to updated models.
I wouldn't be surprised if the powertrain was the issue. I would expect the new 200 to be getting the 2.4L Tigershark and the 9-speed. Neither of those are currently in production, and the early ramp up for them is likely to be entirely consumed by the new Liberty and the Dart. *Entirely speculation on my part*

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
SptFury said:
If I had to guess, I'd say it is due to transmission availability.

I know the good people of Chrysler are working hard on this, but maybe Sergio needs to buy more directly from ZF to help navigate through these initial debuts.

There is a lot riding on this transmission. This is purely my guess.

Mike

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.