Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Other publications have caught up to Allpar in predicting the short 2014 model year of the existing Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200, followed by a completely new 2015 Chrysler 200. AutoWeek led the charge, claiming January as the start date for the 2015 Chrysler 200. Allpar has been given more than one start date by different sources, but even if January is the planned date, Chrysler’s aggressive production schedules have resulted in numerous delays. The existing Chrysler 200 might be tweaked for 2014, with a revised four-cylinder engine taking advantage of MultiAir II, but it might simply finish out its run as is, with the usual color and wheel changes. The generation 200, which we have listed as to be built starting between January and May 2014, was being led by Lancia people when we last saw it; it is likely to be sold as the Lancia Flavia in convertible and..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
If the comments of Chrysler CEO Saad Chebad are true, then the 200/Sebring will cover everthing, meaning Chrysler is probably not moving upscale.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
No Chrysler will be more Premium than it is now. is the Coupe and Convertible still on the table??

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
69DartGTS said:
No Chrysler will be more Premium than it is now. is the Coupe and Convertible still on the table??
Punctuation is important. Did you mean "No, Chrysler will be more premium...", suggesting that Chebad's comments were taken out of context, or did you intend to write it that way, suggesting that Chrysler will remain as it is?

In either event, there has never been a 200 Coupe, either historically or in any plans I have read. The last Sebring coupe was the Mitsubishi Eclipse in Chrysler badged drag.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
abgwin said:
Punctuation is important. Did you mean "No, Chrysler will be more premium...", suggesting that Chebad's comments were taken out of context, or did you intend to write it that way, suggesting that Chrysler will remain as it is?

In either event, there has never been a 200 Coupe, either historically or in any plans I have read. The last Sebring coupe was the Mitsubishi Eclipse in Chrysler badged drag.
I was just missing a Comma, and there have been a Coupe Sebring but it wasnt no Rebadge Eclipse (2 door Coupe vs Coupe liftback)

Also it was Automobile that said something about a Possible 200 2 door coupe

"What the WSJ did not elaborate on is what bodystyles will be offered. However, we already know that when the next 200 goes on sale in the beginning of 2014, it will continue selling the familiar sedan and convertible styles, and will also add a new two-door coupe variant to do battle with the Honda Accord coupe. The next-generation Chrysler 200 will be the Pentastar’s only midsize sedan offering – the Dodge Avenger is being killed off after the current generation.

Read more: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/report-next-chrysler-200-to-score-38-mpg-have-9-speed-automatic-169045.html#ixzz2Nw1C2TNB "

Plus it was in the 2009 Product plan
"200 (2013)
  • Audi A4-size, sedan/coupe/convertible
  • FWD and AWD, I-4 and V-6
  • No Dodge Avenger model

Read more: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/chryslers-future-u-s-product-plan-journey-srt6-confirmed-dodge-durango-dies-145119.html#ixzz2Nw3zaZ8R
Follow us: @AutomobileMag on Twitter | AutomobileMag on Facebook"

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I read the CEOs comments as the next 200/Sebring will cover a wide market from entry-level to luxury.

This will be interesting, but not in-keeping with Chrysler's current trend (dropping base 300, T&C)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
I read the CEOs comments as the next 200/Sebring will cover a wide market from entry-level to luxury.

This will be interesting, but not in-keeping with Chrysler's current trend (dropping base 300, T&C)
Its just the matter of How "Entry-Level" they go. a Audi A4 Starts @ $32,500, a Accord Sedan Starts at 21,680. before Destination Charges. A "Entry Level" 200 could start at $23,995 (with Leather standard), though top out at almost $37,000. With a AWD Option, that'll cover the whole Midsize market. The Coupe/Convert models could go for 3K higher than Sedan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i hope this merger between fiat and chrysler ends up in detroit, these delays are typical of fiat and it seems to be rubbing off on mopar.

·
Registered
324 Posts
69DartGTS said:
Its just the matter of How "Entry-Level" they go. a Audi A4 Starts @ $32,500, a Accord Sedan Starts at 21,680. before Destination Charges. A "Entry Level" 200 could start at $23,995 (with Leather standard), though top out at almost $37,000. With a AWD Option, that'll cover the whole Midsize market. The Coupe/Convert models could go for 3K higher than Sedan.
A $37,000 200/Sebring? A 200/Sebring starting above an Accord?

I don't think so.

If I remember correctly the current body style (as Sebring) had a lot of options at launch including AWD, which fairly rapidly went away. I don't think you're going to make any car replacing the current 200 go significantly upscale from where the car is now, not because you can't make a nice vehicle, but because you're stuck with your customer base, which is not looking to spend that kind of money. For a 300, maybe. For a 200, no, especially since many will be remembering the recent 200 priced under a Dart, as discussed in several forums here.

Want to take the car much upscale and bring in a new group of customers? I think you would need about a ten year plan. The current 200 is a nice start in that direction over the Sebring of a few years back, but it is not happening overnight, if at all.

(BTW, I'm not here to trash the cars. I own a 2008 Sebring sedan, much liked by several members of my family.)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
fsvoboda said:
A $37,000 200/Sebring? A 200/Sebring starting above an Accord?

I don't think so.

If I remember correctly the current body style (as Sebring) had a lot of options at launch including AWD, which fairly rapidly went away. I don't think you're going to make any car replacing the current 200 go significantly upscale from where the car is now, not because you can't make a nice vehicle, but because you're stuck with your customer base, which is not looking to spend that kind of money. For a 300, maybe. For a 200, no, especially since many will be remembering the recent 200 priced under a Dart, as discussed in several forums here.

Want to take the car much upscale and bring in a new group of customers? I think you would need about a ten year plan. The current 200 is a nice start in that direction over the Sebring of a few years back, but it is not happening overnight, if at all.

(BTW, I'm not here to trash the cars. I own a 2008 Sebring sedan, much liked by several members of my family.)
A Accord Starts at $22,470 (with Destination Charges) with no Optional Leather interior, 16in Rims with No optional Rim Size, No Touch Screen though you do get a Screen of some sort though no Nav. a Decently equiped Accord will cost you $24,215-$25,955 a Fully Loaded Accord Tops out at 38,849 ($40,222 with Aero Kit)

a 2015 200 Would start at $23,995, Leather Standard, Cloth optional, new 8.4 Uconnect, 17In Rims Standard. Could top out at 37K with AWD, 18in wheels 290hp 3.6 V6/9sp. Yes No one wouldnt buy the Current 200 at $37K that's common sense, but if the 2015 is THAT good of a Midsize sedan with alot of Options but still undercut other Mainstream/Premium Sedans, well it might just work.. HELL a Ford Fusion Titanium AWD Tops out at $39,090 and it only has a 240hp I4

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
If they would keep the Dodge Avenger, then the 200/Sebring could move upscale and start at $25K. The Dodge would bring them in the showroom and the Chrysler could appeal to their desires.

Now, the Chrysler has to be the fleet model, entry-level model and luxury model. All things to all people.

Starting above Camry/Accord will be a failure.

Reactions: Nimbus9

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
If they would keep the Dodge Avenger, then the 200/Sebring could move upscale and start at $25K. The Dodge would bring them in the showroom and the Chrysler could appeal to their desires.

Now, the Chrysler has to be the fleet model, entry-level model and luxury model. All things to all people.

agreed,,,,

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
agreed,,,,
Thanks, Dennis.

Accord's success came before Acura. Chrysler cannot do it the other way around.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:

Agreed.

(Plus I want to see a next-gen Avenger)

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
While many of us would agree on a next-generation Avenger, it will not happen. The decision has been made.

There will be one D-segment vehicle (perhaps in coupe, sedan and convertible variants).

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
69DartGTS said:
I was just missing a Comma, and there have been a Coupe Sebring but it wasnt no Rebadge Eclipse (2 door Coupe vs Coupe liftback)
Commas are very important. Consider this example:
"Let's eat Grandpa!"
"Let's eat, Grandpa!"

Commas save lives.

The 1G Avenger/Sebring coupes were "stretched Eclipses", or "2-door Galants" if you prefer. The 2G Stratus/Sebring Coupes fell between Eclipse and Galant. And yes, Eclipses had liftbacks, A/S and S/S coupes did not.

2009 Product Plan is old news and has been revised since that time. Your same Automobile Mag link also says the Journey SRT-6 was confirmed, for what that's worth.

emanuel said:
i hope this merger between fiat and chrysler ends up in detroit, these delays are typical of fiat and it seems to be rubbing off on mopar.
So, where the company HQ ends up dictates whether there are delays or not? :huh: Interesting.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
So, where the company HQ ends up dictates whether there are delays or not? :huh: Interesting.
It could be a time zone thing! :rimshot:

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
proun91 said:
From Autoblog re: Avenger

"The memos don't specify whether its Dodge Avenger twin will also see a shortened model year (the latter was originally rumored for discontinuation, but a successor is apparently back on the table)."

Is this based on outdated info?
As has happened here on Allpar, some confuse a next generation Avenger with a possible Barracuda.

There are absolutely some surprises yet to come!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Let me get back to you, on that.
Later today, ...or in a day or two, ...or sometime next week, ...maybe next month...

1 - 20 of 178 Posts