Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
15,295 Posts
...Fiat-based sub-compact B- and C-Series cars for Chrysler and Dodge.

Sounds like the Chrysler 100 could be affected.

·
Banned
15,295 Posts
Save cash. Drop development of the Chrysler 100 and Dodge B-C segment (below Dart). Bring Fiats over to be sold through the Fiat dealers who have invested tons of money with little return.

Durango is on the chopping block. If the revamped interior and 8-speed do not increase sales sufficiently, expect it to be dropped.

We already know the Cherokee and Chrysler 200 will consume 9-speed production until late 2014, early 2015 when the minivans will need it. What happens to Dart?! My prediction: Dart will get refreshed for 2016 with the 9-speed.

The danger I see is if the 200 fails to sell as well as 200/Avenger combined (like the Dart selling below Caliber levels) , we will see an overall loss of market share.

·
Banned
15,295 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Not just Sebring & Caliber.

The rules said the new car had to be no more than $45000 and must have a combined mpg rating that's at least 4 mpg higher than your trade-in's. Trucks only had to better your MPG by as little as 2.
Don't forget, that GM & Chrysler were both very low on inventory when Cash for Clunkers hit, benefitting Ford and the foreign manufacturers far more than it helped the two who needed it most.

nm05 said:
I see your point. Chrysler has and always will be a luxury brand. Dodge, the performance brand, etc. For Chrysler/Dodge, creating "duplicates" of each style with different price points and options I think would be the way to go, similar to what they did in the early '90's. I see the Fiat brand being comparable to what Scion is to Toyota, appealing to the younger buyers/hipsters on a budget. They would focus on small, fuel efficient cars for urbanites. If they want individual brand unity, keep all pickups with the Ram brand. A mid-sized (Dakota) and a small-sized (Strada clone) would be a good fit for Ram given that there is a significant price difference between models. The whole point to this is keeping individual brand unity. If that means making "clones" between Chrysler/Dodge so be it, but make sure that the Chrysler models are more luxurious and the Dodge models are sportier (and adjust price points to match). That will differentiate the models. They should take a page from the '90's with for example the Concorde/Intrepid/Vision series. Same car, but had different price points, options, etc.
Chrysler is not a luxury brand as it will be the sole minivan. Dodge is no longer performance based on the Dart. Fiat was not viewed as "special" until they put money on the hoods of those 500s that were piling up.

My point is that there is no effort being made to create brands by management. All brands will sell low and high-end models.

·
Banned
15,295 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
First people complain that the names aren't kept around long enough, then that they are re-used...
I was thinking the exact same thing, Dave.

1 - 4 of 5 Posts