Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Killing off a vehicle (Grand Wagoneer) that few had asked for and even fewer would buy, isn't a bad thing.
Using that energy and capital to create something that Jeepees have been asking for and they resist building, would be better.
A true XJ replacement and an MJ Jeep pickup come to mind.
The pickup I think you will get..... replacement XJ not so much

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
MoparNorm said:
The pickup in my theory, requires the XJ replacement to be viable.
There would be stand alone platform/architecture sharing as there is no longer a Jeep made with the proper architecture to bring back the XJ.
Think XJ/MJ.
I was going to say unless they did something like that, just didnt want to misuse the platform/architecture reference lol.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Save cash. Drop development of the Chrysler 100 and Dodge B-C segment (below Dart). Bring Fiats over to be sold through the Fiat dealers who have invested tons of money with little return.

Durango is on the chopping block. If the revamped interior and 8-speed do not increase sales sufficiently, expect it to be dropped.

We already know the Cherokee and Chrysler 200 will consume 9-speed production until late 2014, early 2015 when the minivans will need it. What happens to Dart?! My prediction: Dart will get refreshed for 2016 with the 9-speed.

The danger I see is if the 200 fails to sell as well as 200/Avenger combined (like the Dart selling below Caliber levels) , we will see an overall loss of market share.
The major reason the 200/Avenger are selling so well(and the Dart is lagging) is the heavy incentives on them. The Caliber always had at least $1500 on the hood ever since it came out, and even more than that later in its life.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
70MoparMan said:
Interesting read.. Implies Grand Wagoneer will still be part of product mix. More interestingly, it indicates the EPA ratings for Grand Cherokee diesel is 21 city & 30 hwy

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/14/us-autoshow-chrysler-jeep-idUSBRE90D06T20130114
We knew the EPA for the GC diesel when it was unveiled.

Mr.Source said:
The biggest mistake for the Durango was to name it Durango,it had never agood and positivr reputation,and after they drop it for 2010 they destroyed it,then they came with smart idea of not buiding enough Durangos to meet the demand,so dealers stopped ordering it and then came Durangos coma.
Chryslers marketing...not very smart people working there.
You mean the 2nd generation Durango? The Diamler one. The 1st gen Durango sold well and was generally well regarded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.