Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Alert Allpar reader “Blacklisterd” spotted this Ram heavy duty pickup speeding down the Michigan highway, with a clear “Diesel Fuel Only” sticker above the gas cap and just enough camouflage to make it clear that yes, drivers should pay attention to this truck. He said the tailpipe was smaller than the one used with the big Cummins diesels; the tail-lights appear to be the new LED design. It is possible that Ram is considering a Ram 2500 with a smaller diesel for higher gas mileage, while still pumping out good enough torque for most buyers. The Cummins engine exacts a large price tag, and while long-term most buyers believe it pays for itself, a lower-priced diesel might help Ram sales. One option would be the VM 3.0 liter diesel. A diesel-powered Ram 1500 has been rumored for some years, and Dodge reportedly had one running and ready for production even..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
86 Posts
Last weekend there were a bunch of Chrysler vehicles with manufacturer plates running in St. Clair County last weekend. While traveling on I-69 I saw 3 Darts ( 2 Limiteds and 1 R/T), three 300s, several Rams and Challengers travelling in groups of 2 or 3. I was not fortunate enough to get a picture of the Fiat 500Ls travelling in the opposite direction. By the looks of the picutre above looks like Chrysler is using rural St. Clair County for testing vehicles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow,

This is great news. A couple of questions though, does the VM 3.0L require urea and will the diesel 1500 RAM trucks have the 8 speed tranny as an option? Anyone know?

Thanks
Thorack

·
Registered
98 Posts
I guess I don't understand what's supposed to be so attention grabbing about this picture? It's a diesel megacab with some camo on it.. the tailpipe doesn't look suspicious.

It's more suspect that they're still doing camo when they had the 2013 HD reveal last week though....

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
I guess I don't understand what's supposed to be so attention grabbing about this picture? It's a diesel megacab with some camo on it.. the tailpipe doesn't look suspicious.

It's more suspect that they're still doing camo when they had the 2013 HD reveal last week though....
That's because this is a 2014. ;)

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
decisions, decisions... should I wait for 2014 for the sweet new tailights??? I really was hoping to order a 2013 Ram 3500 with the 385/850 but now I don't know...
The new Ram TV spot shows the 2013 with BOTH LED headlights and taillights, so maybe they snookered us into thinking they were 2014 only???

However that may be only on the 1500?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The new Ram TV spot shows the 2013 with BOTH LED headlights and taillights, so maybe they snookered us into thinking they were 2014 only???

However that may be only on the 1500?
Well, I was being facetious... the press photos of the 2013 Ram 2500/3500 show non-LED taillights so perhaps the spy photo is of a 2014...

The grander point I was trying to make about the spy photo is that it's a stretch to assume a 'new' engine based on a diesel-fuel only sticker and a tailpipe (that to me doesn't look different)... unless Ram is planning a revival of the Ram 1500 Mega with a smaller diesel, the photo is rather unremarkable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts