Allpar Forums banner

AN: New Ram Rumble Bee?

14K views 71 replies 25 participants last post by  MoparJoe 
#1 ·

Inspired by the Dodge Super Bee (an imitation of Plymouth’s Road Runner, sharing the same mid-sized “B” body), the Dodge Ram Rumble Bee was made during 2004 and 2005 in limited numbers; it had a standard Hemi, 3.92:1 rear end, and “bee stripe” with Scat Pack logos. Primarily an appearance package, the roughly 8,700 Rumble Bees had no added performance over similar Rams. It appears that the Rumble Bee will return, but with at least one added feature and possibly more extensive graphics than the original. These images were released by Ram Truck today, and the concept itself will appear at 10 am on August 17 at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The Rumble button is a new touch, and could indicate a sport mode for the transmission, a subsonic engine note augmenter, an active subwoofer or... join the discussion to speculate.

View the original, full post

See less See more
#4 ·
So lower the suspension, give it better handling, do we want a truck like this to use as a truck or as a hot rodl....? :rimshot:

#5 ·
Anaphylactic shock coming nationwide!

#6 ·
Hmm... maybe its time to upgrade my 05 Rumble Bee :)

Wonder what engine choice? I hope they stepped it up some vs the "older" Bee's.

#7 ·
Bring back the SRT10 truck.Appearance packages have no substance.Ford has some hot rod trucks,lets kick there a$$.

Reactions: MickM
#8 ·
hemirunner426 said:
Bring back the SRT10 truck.Appearance packages have no substance.Ford has some hot rod trucks,lets kick there a$$.
To be fair, besides the Ford Tremor, what other hot rod truck does Ford produce? I too, am not looking forward to another appearance package, but that is the current state of things. Chrysler is not going to sink money into niche vehicles, unless they are SRT. To address the SRT-10 comment, Gilles said they will never put the V10 in anything else, but the Viper.

#10 ·
dakrt99 said:
To be fair, besides the Ford Tremor, what other hot rod truck does Ford produce? I too, am not looking forward to another appearance package, but that is the current state of things. Chrysler is not going to sink money into niche vehicles, unless they are SRT. To address the SRT-10 comment, Gilles said they will never put the V10 in anything else, but the Viper.
I just used the V10 as an example,the hellcat would be fine.So a hellcat SRT truck would be a niche vehicle,great.Now produce it.
The rumble bee is a very nice looking truck,but it is castrated.I own a 09 SRT8 Superbee charger and the rumble bee needs an upgrade similar to the Superbee.

Put some sting in that bee.

#12 ·
I guess, technically, the Tremor is a "hot-rod" truck. To me, with the twin-turbo and the stickers, it's more of a "tuner" truck.

Grab a $25K 1500 short-bed Tradesman and throw some nice wheels on it. Done. (But that's me.)

#13 ·
Mike V. said:
:lol: what hot rod trucks? That's funny!

Mike
tremor and of course the Raptor
We owned the hot rod truck market with the little red and the Warlock.Why not do it again?

#14 ·
hemirunner426 said:
tremor and of course the Raptor
We owned the hot rod truck market with the little red and the Warlock.Why not do it again?
We have R/T which beats up on Tremor and Express that beats up on Tremor.

If you want to beat up on a Raptor, order the Ram Runner parts from Mopar Performance.

In other words, what is there "to do again"? The Tremor is more stickers than anything anyway.

The Warlock wasn't really a "Hot Rod" either.

Mike

#17 ·
It is highly unlikely that they would introduce the Hellcat on the Rumble Bee, correct? It's too early? As far as we know, it will be introduced on the Challenger in early '14, yes?

#19 ·
But since it's a concept, it could have any engine, like the Viper V10 (See Charger Juiced), the Hellcat, the SRT 6.4, or "Just" the HD 6.4.

#20 ·
We have R/T which beats up on Tremor and Express that beats up on Tremor.

If you want to beat up on a Raptor, order the Ram Runner parts from Mopar Performance.

In other words, what is there "to do again"? The Tremor is more stickers than anything anyway.

The Warlock wasn't really a "Hot Rod" either.

Mike
You make it look like I am a Ford fan,,WRONG.I would just like some substance to go along with the appearance.To me the Warlock was a hot rod.You could option it out very similar to the Little Red.

#21 ·
hemirunner426 said:
You make it look like I am a Ford fan,,WRONG.I would just like some substance to go along with the appearance.To me the Warlock was a hot rod.You could option it out very similar to the Little Red.
The Warlock was an appearance package, the same thing people are complaining about now. You could supposedly even get it on a slant 6 truck or a 318. You had to order the performance seperately. The Lil Red Express was a performance package.

#22 ·
hemirunner426 said:
Except the engine, but the Warlock could have had a 440 (unless my dealer misled me). But that being said, the D150 Utiline with a 318 & 3.55 rear axle moved quite sharply against the competiton of the day. :rimshot:

#24 ·
modified exhaust, a low rear end and some gearing alterations in the 8-speed would make this truck jump pretty well off the line even with the regular 5.7.

That's all i would expect from it. basically the r/t very slighty tweeked with some cool appearance mods. still a pretty damn nice truck.

i wonder if the "honeycomb" will replace any of the other trim.

#26 ·
Except the engine, but the Warlock could have had a 440 (unless my dealer misled me). But that being said, the D150 Utiline with a 318 & 3.55 rear axle moved quite sharply against the competiton of the day. :rimshot:
Thank you my fellow Canadian.Some don't realize that we have different options and packages on our vehicles.I am old enough to remember what was available at that time.The 440 was available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.