Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
At least not in the traditional sense.
Mike
And perhaps not in any sense, due to then probability of no neutral position and no low range in the non trail rated version.
Technically called a PTO, there appears to be two versions.
There is no economical way to incorporate a traditional transfer case in a FWD system that is transverse mounted.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
clody said:
WEll I do not know much about mechanic, but the Patriot is a front wheel drive, and I believe it has a low range mode even with the CVT. I d'ont know if that option will be offered with the new conventional 6 speed this year either? My Son is looking foward to buy this new Cherokee so I am trying to get as much info as I can. Also, has there been mentionned of the economy rating, like 35 MPG highway ect yet?? Just one last question for Norm, when you said transverse mounted is this mean that the 3.2 will be monted 90 degree side ways from the 3.6 in my Grand Cherokee????
Yes, it's sideways as are most FWD engines. The Grand is RWD/AWD.
The mpg will be less than 30 mpg in AWD. The official rating has not yet been announced.
I'm not sure if the Patriot will have a lower range gear with the 6 speed automatic. It should still have a lock mode.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
Do Ya' Think It Might be Pitch Way Outside Just to See If You Guys Will Swing at It ?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

imho: Some One Took the Pics, Like Hook, Line & Sinker!

TMD
What they need to swing at is Jack's new drawing. It's a much better interpretation of what a Jeep should be.

Reactions: Nimbus9 and Jeepnut

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mr.Source said:
As I told you before, no changes for the all new Cherokee, there was never a chance to do it, if a change will come it will come in the future and not now, how could you even think about it, but wait until you see it, if you still doesnt like it, Chrysler will still build it and sell it very well, youll se it.
Denial... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.