Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
WEll I do not know much about mechanic, but the Patriot is a front wheel drive, and I believe it has a low range mode even with the CVT. I d'ont know if that option will be offered with the new conventional 6 speed this year either? My Son is looking foward to buy this new Cherokee so I am trying to get as much info as I can. Also, has there been mentionned of the economy rating, like 35 MPG highway ect yet?? Just one last question for Norm, when you said transverse mounted is this mean that the 3.2 will be monted 90 degree side ways from the 3.6 in my Grand Cherokee????

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks a lot. I hope we will get all the info after the official release at end of this month.
MoparNorm said:
Yes, it's sideways as are most FWD engines. The Grand is RWD/AWD.
The mpg will be less than 30 mpg in AWD. The official rating has not yet been announced.
I'm not sure if the Patriot will have a lower range gear with the 6 speed automatic. It should still have a lock mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.