Allpar Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Thanks a lot. I hope we will get all the info after the official release at end of this month.
MoparNorm said:
Yes, it's sideways as are most FWD engines. The Grand is RWD/AWD.
The mpg will be less than 30 mpg in AWD. The official rating has not yet been announced.
I'm not sure if the Patriot will have a lower range gear with the 6 speed automatic. It should still have a lock mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
If you look cose, it actually looks like the real lights. The teardrop is the braw, but under you can see the real running lights in ...just about the right shape.

Also, if you look, the grill is about right too, maybe with some black tape over the upper angled part to hide. Good job Chrysler on disguising this one. Took one from the Apple book.
Allpar News System said:

Following criticism of the styling of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Automotive News spotted a new KL Cherokee mule on the streets of Los Angeles. While Larry Vellequette’s article in Automotive News noted that this did not necessarily indicate the testing of a new front fascia, Allpar readers were far less restrained in dismissing the idea. In our original article, we noted that the changes required to move the headlights up would be expensive, involving changes to lighting, wiring, durability, cooling, aerodynamics, and crash behavior, and that time was short before the Cherokee’s volume launch. While the mule is closer to the critically acclaimed “teardrop” headlights of the PT Cruiser than to the triple-row lighting used by the much-maligned Pontiac Aztek, several readers pointed out that it is not unusual for old mules to still be used after the body is finalized — and that the photo captured last week is similar to spy shots of..

View the original, full post
 

·
THE MAD DUCK
Joined
·
2,407 Posts
Do Ya' Think It Might be Pitch Way Outside Just to See If You Guys Will Swing at It ?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

imho: Some One Took the Pics, Like Hook, Line & Sinker!


TMD
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
Do Ya' Think It Might be Pitch Way Outside Just to See If You Guys Will Swing at It ?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

imho: Some One Took the Pics, Like Hook, Line & Sinker!


TMD
What they need to swing at is Jack's new drawing. It's a much better interpretation of what a Jeep should be.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nimbus9 and Jeepnut

·
Vaguely badass...
Joined
·
43,887 Posts
Sellers said:
If you look cose, it actually looks like the real lights. The teardrop is the braw, but under you can see the real running lights in ...just about the right shape.

Also, if you look, the grill is about right too, maybe with some black tape over the upper angled part to hide. Good job Chrysler on disguising this one. Took one from the Apple book.
The lights, to me, look like the same Alfa Giulietta lights than have been on every KL mule to date.

The grille, however...looks different. It looks closer to the Grand Cherokee or Compass grilles than it does to the KL grille.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,793 Posts
As I told you before, no changes for the all new Cherokee, there was never a chance to do it, if a change will come it will come in the future and not now, how could you even think about it, but wait until you see it, if you still doesnt like it, Chrysler will still build it and sell it very well, youll see it.
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Mr.Source said:
As I told you before, no changes for the all new Cherokee, there was never a chance to do it, if a change will come it will come in the future and not now, how could you even think about it, but wait until you see it, if you still doesnt like it, Chrysler will still build it and sell it very well, youll se it.
Denial... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
I think I am buying one when it comes out. My wife really likes it, especially compared to the patriot and compass. If she doesn't like it in person I will likely be buying her something outside of the chrysler family :thumbsdown: but just judging by the pics she likes it, and I like the drive train. Plus it will be more comfortable then my Wrangler on long trips :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Bionicrooster said:
I think I am buying one when it comes out. My wife really likes it, especially compared to the patriot and compass. If she doesn't like it in person I will likely be buying her something outside of the chrysler family :thumbsdown: but just judging by the pics she likes it, and I like the drive train. Plus it will be more comfortable then my Wrangler on long trips :)
I showed the new Cherokee front to my girlfriend, her sister and her mom last night (they all either drive Cherokees or Grand Cherokees,) and they all liked it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the next car purchase for at least two of them. I do think this will sell well, and I also think it will look a lot better in person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
PLEASE...................LISTEN TO WHAT HAS BEEN SAID A MILLION TIMES...

THOSE ARE NOT NEW HEADLIGHTS............They are standard Alfa Guilietta lights that have been on every mule for this platform for the last 2 years. Thats it.....there is a Cherokee grille on it to test cooling....other than that....this is a chopped up Alfa not meant to look like the KL. (or any other vehicle that is using it as a mule.) These are for testing powertrain,cooling,suspension,etc. All they do is literally cut an alfa body up and fit it over the said systems to test. The alfa headlights have DRL's....so thats what people are seeing.

:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
SRT said:
PLEASE...................LISTEN TO WHAT HAS BEEN SAID A MILLION TIMES...

THOSE ARE NOT NEW HEADLIGHTS............They are standard Alfa Guilietta lights that have been on every mule for this platform for the last 2 years. Thats it.....there is a Cherokee grille on it to test cooling....other than that....this is a chopped up Alfa not meant to look like the KL. (or any other vehicle that is using it as a mule.) These are for testing powertrain,cooling,suspension,etc. All they do is literally cut an alfa body up and fit it over the said systems to test. The alfa headlights have DRL's....so thats what people are seeing.

:)
:LOL:
 
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top