Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 699 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After Jalopnik showed photos of an earlier iteration of the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee,  Chrysler has released official photos of the final product. The company wrote: “Set to debut at the New York International Auto Show in March, [with] even more best-in-class capability, exemplary on-road driving dynamics, and fuel economy improvements of more than 45% versus the [Liberty].”

While the basic shape and format of the Cherokee mule posted earlier are clearly still present in the revised version, there have been changes to increase the curb appeal of the new vehicle.  Some sources have told us to be ready for pleasant surprises on the off-road capabilities of the Trail Rated version; other sources have told us the opposite. Either way, with a 3.2 liter Pentastar V6 and nine-speed automatic, it should be a good on-road driver. For more photos and information, see our 2014 Jeep Cherokee page.

View the original, full post

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Spin mode all across the universe, a disastrous debut.
The mpg is not as expected either, given the smaller engines and 9 speed. It's not ready for prime time.
Mr. Marchionne, welcome to the Jeep Curse.

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOVE IT! This thing is going to sell like hot cakes.

That said, let's all bow our heads in a moment of silence for Mopar Norm who is likely in the midst of having a stroke.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
LeeRyder said:
LOVE IT!
That said, let's all bow our heads in a moment of silence for Mopar Norm who is likely in the midst of having a stroke.
No stroke, just weeping for the brand I love.
This is what happens when arrogance takes over from knowledge.

Reactions: RVC

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Ugly. Looks like that thing that Nissan makes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Allpar News System said:
This looks like they took a compass and Photo-chopped a lower fascia of a grand on it...

If you're gonna take risks Chrysler, do it with Fiat or dodge, they can take a little "innovative technology" don't mess with Jeep..

Going to go look for my old ZJ on craigslist now...

·
Registered
874 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Ya, I know your love of Jeep :) I knew right away you wouldn't like this. But to me, who isn't a purist but more so "Jeep's best Global Interest".

Will be interesting to see how it does offroad to be sure. Regardless, I think it's a quantum leap ahead of the ugly duckling that was the Liberty.

Good to see you again Norm! :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
When I first saw it, I really did not like it but it's starting to wear on me now. But honestly, I think Chrysler could use more polarizing designs. Their latest styling trends have been rather conservative.

Look at the '94 Ram. That was quite a departure from conventional truck styling at the time - but it worked. The Nissan Juke - with somewhat similar styling also greatly exceeded Nissan's expectations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So they are doing damage control by showing off the vehicle in a darker color in limited trim, with painted bumper.

Still think the light setup is wrong, the design is not a liberty or a cherokee, ... visual attention now flashes all over the place with the chrome added on to the new slats and the lower bumper.

Sorry, still not attractive or cohesive. I can understand the ideas / thoughts for a concept, but I don't like it. And, I hope they don't push this design language on other vehicles.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Epic disaster. The leaked images I thought had some potential, this official version is so much worse. How could they make it worse. Those official images are horrifying.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
MoparNorm said:
I feel for you. I feel similarly about the new Viper. For Chrysler's sake, I hope it sales. My first thoughts, I don't know?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think the body color bumper and the chrome lower intake surround make it look a lot better than the raw spy photos. It is not the abomination that many have feared. Remember, the name of the game is sales, and the market has changed. The Cherokee is competing against the Ford Edges, Toyota Highlanders, Nissan Rouges- not the old Explorer, Trail Blazer and Pathfinders. Cherokee will probably easily outsell the outgoing Liberty by a two to one margin.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

Say what you want but it looks a million times better than the Liberty.......now add the interior enhancements.....better fuel economy.... We have a winner!!! I know its diffrent and Jeepers are treaditionalist(and dont take change well) but give it a chance guys....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ah its terrible! The second set of lights below the top one is horrid. One set would have been so much better. The liberty looks like a skeleton face, but this is ... as someone mentioned... very nissan in a bad way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IT'S UGLY, TERRIBLY UGLY.
It is so obvious that the Fiat guys messed with it. Why? They don't know NOTHING about SUVs.
Guys, google for Fiat Multipla, for sure the same design team did this.
It's a shame, this kind/size vehicle has on paper a lot of potential... Like that, it's dead before it is born.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
CJDsalespro said:

Say what you want but it looks a million times better than the Liberty.......now add the interior enhancements.....better fuel economy.... We have a winner!!! I know its diffrent and Jeepers are treaditionalist(and dont take change well) but give it a chance guys....
had come to terms with thecar based aspect of the vehicle. That being said I expected a cleaner more classy design ala a smaller Grand Cherokee not this faux hip me too mess of a design. This is just sad.

·
Registered
735 Posts
dakrt99 said:
I feel for you. I feel similarly about the new Viper. For Chrysler's sake, I hope it sales. My first thoughts, I don't know?
You mean the new viper that has sold it's original 800 units? The one that has people waiting in line to buy up the next 6-700? I'm not talking just previous owners either, we've a few converts from F-cars looking at the new model.

1 - 20 of 699 Posts