Allpar Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Bob_Sheaves said:
The range select fork can be applied by either method.
No doubt, I just didn't see any actual levers, that's all. I was wondering if there were other pics out there I hadn't seen.

Stratuscaster said:
Any idea what the take-rate on the SkySlider was?
I imagine it could be popular in Europe.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Any idea what the take-rate on the SkySlider was?
cant quote the percentagebut for my store it was very good. We sold every Liberty that we had with the sky sliders first. People loved it.....its the closet thing you can get to having a convertible :thumbsup: without chopping the whole top off.....

T

·
0 Posts
My daughter-in-law has sky slider on her Liberty, never had any issues and it's pretty cool actually.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
RVC said:
No doubt, I just didn't see any actual levers, that's all. I was wondering if there were other pics out there I hadn't seen.

I imagine it could be popular in Europe.
That's what I was surprised by as well

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does anyone know will this Sky Slider roof be the only available sunroof option?
I was under impression that KL will have similar sunroof option as Grand Cherokee has today, meaning large glas roof with opening front part.

I would like to see fixed glas roof available as well, those are very common among competitors in Europe. Additional light into cabin and feel of added space inside, not everyone need to have that roof to be opened...

oh2o said:
"Sky Slider" roof, as on the Liberty. Google "Sky Slider roof" for images.

·
Administrator
35,536 Posts
Ha ha. A good point. It's like the eight-speed, they could have used a lever, pushbuttons, touch screen, eye location sensor, foot location sensor, ... okay, most of those would have been insane, but with electronic control, you have more choices.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Ha ha. A good point. It's like the eight-speed, they could have used a lever, pushbuttons, touch screen, eye location sensor, foot location sensor, ... okay, most of those would have been insane, but with electronic control, you have more choices.
Facial recognition. You have to make a funny face and and pose in the "I'm a little teapot" stance for it to go into low range.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
CherokeeVision said:
Facial recognition. You have to make a funny face and and pose in the "I'm a little teapot" stance for it to go into low range.
:lol:

Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
kakoktim said:
I was under impression that KL will have similar sunroof option as Grand Cherokee has today, meaning large glass roof with opening front part.
Yes, KL will have dual-pane sunroof option as well.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
And for some people, that would be completely acceptable - and desired.
Like those folks who can't drive a stick?
(Sorry, the devil made me do it ;) )

Seriously, there is a large percentage who never got the hang of shifting the transfer case and that translated into numerous warranty work to adjust shift linage. That linkage was very sensitive to body twist and frame flex and it was very easy to get out of adjustment. add that to the need to shift into neutral before shifting into low range and many just can't cope with it.
The aftermarket came up with several simple cable solutions to fix the linkage problem. Other Manufacturers, not Chrysler, came up with the electronic solution and Chrysler has followed suit.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts