Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In May 2012, Italian president Giorgio Napolitano adopted a Chrysler 300C-based Lancia Thema. The armored car was revealed at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show and replaced the Thesis, at the request of the Italian government. The Thema is a customized dark blue (“Blu Canaletto”), the same color as past Italian state vehicles; it maintains a luxury car  comfort level while giving highest security, using advanced materials for  anti-ballistic protection. The Lancia Thema was the first car to combine the performance of the Chrysler 300C chassis “with the luxury of Poltrona Frau® leather interiors, the hushed silence of the great Lancias, and the attention to detail which are the best expression of Italian manufacturing,” according to Andrea Pallard, Lancia, Mopar, Fleet, and FGA Capital press officer. During the past 60 years, Italian presidents have always had Lancias at their disposal. The tradition, Lancia’s way of honoring the Italian government and..

View the original, full post

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
AWD looks so weird with the "SRT/Lancia" front fascia. i wonder how this will go over, a Canadian built lancia being used for presidential use.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Cool, but the wheels are ugly.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I might have styling bias, but I think the 300 pulls it off nicely. It is one of the few full size cars that I find good looking.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Maybe Chrysler should build a few of these limo's and offer them to the Canadian P.M. and the American President as gifts. Beats the 'BEAST' by a long shot. Doesn't look like an Escalade with a De Ville body stuck on top. It could be a new source of revenue for them. Didn't they once supply Limo's and parade cars to the U.S. President in the '50's?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
i think i remember hearing that US president cant use one as it's not produced by a wholly american owned company.

as for PM Harper, perhaps. i do know that they used to shuttle the Ontario premier around in a black 300 (i've driven it)

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
jimboy said:
Maybe Chrysler should build a few of these limo's and offer them to the Canadian P.M. and the American President as gifts. Beats the 'BEAST' by a long shot. Doesn't look like an Escalade with a De Ville body stuck on top. It could be a new source of revenue for them. Didn't they once supply Limo's and parade cars to the U.S. President in the '50's?
The Beast (or, "Cadillac One") isn't an Escalade with a DeVille body stuck on top.

It's a custom body on a GMC TopKick truck.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
The Beast (or, "Cadillac One") isn't an Escalade with a DeVille body stuck on top.

A TopKick? That's even weirder. Why not take an Iveco Trakker and put a Viper body on it? Presidential personal vehicle.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
The Beast is a Cadillac just as much as a NASCAR Toyota is a Camry.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Stratuscaster said:

"look like', not "is". and what is a 'topkick', and how is a gmc any different than an escalade?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
jimboy said:
"look like', not "is". and what is a 'topkick', and how is a gmc any different than an escalade?
The TopKick was General Motor's medium-duty truck line. "Cadillac One" uses a leaf-sprung rear axle, 8 lug wheels, and is powered by a diesel engine.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
The TopKick was General Motor's medium-duty truck line. "Cadillac One" uses a leaf-sprung rear axle, 8 lug wheels, and is powered by a diesel engine.
And is said to weigh over 20,000lbs, it truly is a Beast.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
jimboy said:
"look like', not "is".
To my eye, it doesn't look like a DeVille either. It looks like "an engorged Cadillac of no specific model."
jimboy said:
and what is a 'topkick'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Kodiak

More specifically... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Kodiak#Cadillac_One

And... wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_state_car_(United_States)
jimboy said:
, and how is a gmc any different than an escalade?
I presume you mean a GMC Yukon versus a Cadillac Escalade.

There's at least $12000 worth of difference (at MSRP) between a GMC Yukon Denali and a Cadillac Escalade. Or about $40000 worth of difference between a base GMC Yukon SLE and a Cadillac Escalade Platinum. Powertrain, suspension, and other options, along with styling, make a GMC Yukon different from a Cadillac Escalade.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Presidential Lancia Thema, is it a VM3.0L?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts