Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler has updated its chart of upcoming vehicles for the next few years, with notations for changed vehicles and pushbacks in time. In red, we have printed our knowledges, guesses, or speculation of what the covered vehicles might be. (We are excluding Fiat and Alfa Romeo from these charts, for the moment.) We have updated this chart to reflect more likely “drops” for 2013 - if you are seeing the older image, please refresh your browser! The 200/Sebring shows as "200/Sebring" because internal documents refer to the “UF body” car as the Sebring; this is most likely a matter of entries made before the name change and left untouched, but there is a small possibility that the Sebring name will be brought back, and that the 300 will ride alone as an alphanumeric car. What we know for certain is that the small Jeep (“B-SUV”) has been delayed until 2014,..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have to wait another 2+ years for the DSRT4? Where is the logic in moving that niche? SRT should strike while the fire is hot. The skittle and csrt4 owners along with DSRT4 wannbe owners will may move on by then.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is the 2013 Dodge refresh possibly the Durango? I thought I remember hearing rumours of it getting the racetrack tailights.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
joegofaster said:
We have to wait another 2+ years for the DSRT4? Where is the logic in moving that niche? SRT should strike while the fire is hot. The skittle and csrt4 owners along with DSRT4 wannbe owners will may move on by then.
The logic is business. And if it ain't ready, it ain't ready.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The 200 put off for another year? Shame.

I also thought that they were going to introduce the Chrysler 100 this year. Sounds like that is what'll get put back.

It seems to me that Sergio is having second thoughts on introducing small cars based on Fiat architecture, based on the slow start of the Dart.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
humdrum said:
The 200 put off for another year? Shame.

I also thought that they were going to introduce the Chrysler 100 this year. Sounds like that is what'll get put back.

It seems to me that Sergio is having second thoughts on introducing small cars based on Fiat architecture, based on the slow start of the Dart.
It looks like they are coming as Fiats instead.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think those CUSW mules we saw running around with the Chrysler nose late last year were actually 200 mules, not 100 mules.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
They want to position strong the Dart into the market,after that we might see some sweet things to come.
SRT is working very hard,they are not just focusing in 8 or 10 cylinders, there is a lot coming from the pipeline,you have to remember that sometimes you have to change plans because of multiple and different situations. Chrysler has a lot of new product coming into the market, and they cant afford of bringing a product with not the best quality,you can't just give product to the enthusiasts, you have to look wider and further, they need to make a profit on almost everything and most important is postioning their vehicles different, they have to change consumers mind, and that s a though job.
Chrysler cant continue to bring new products into the market and forget quality and customer satisfaction, they are working on that, just check out the media how they are now respecting Chrysler products.
Give them just three more years, and then we will talk, by 2016 Chrysler wil be another story.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
In looking at the 2009 plan, the two Chrysler brand cars being dropped in 2013 are the C (100) and B segment entries.

Looking at the Europe plan update for Lancia from about two weeks ago hinted at this. As for Dodge, it is the B segment entry being dropped in addition to Avenger.

http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/Investor/presentations/other/ChryslerDocuments/Product_Plan.pdf

page 12--->
http://www.fiatspa.com/it-IT/investor_relations/investors/presentazioni/FiatDocuments/2013/Fiat_Bank_am_Bellevue_Investor_Seminar_Flims_(Jan_12_2013).pdf

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Is it possible that the DSRT4 isn't even on this list because it is not really a "new" car? It is just another model of an exsisting car really. Even though it is an SRT. The 2016 "new" car seems more likely to be the "Barracuda", small DUSW platform shared with the Alfa and maybe Fiat?

Do we have a Fiat 5 year plan to compare and contrast? If the new Alfa RWD coupe comes out in 2016.... well that probably answers that question :)

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Danno said:
Is it possible that the DSRT4 isn't even on this list because it is not really a "new" car? It is just another model of an exsisting car really. Even though it is an SRT. The 2016 "new" car seems more likely to be the "Barracuda", small DUSW platform shared with the Alfa and maybe Fiat?

Do we have a Fiat 5 year plan to compare and contrast? If the new Alfa RWD coupe comes out in 2016.... well that probably answers that question :)
It would be a new car for SRT though.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Moparian said:
True.

Haven't there been SRT Darts "spotted" out and about? I remember Bob Sheaves stating that he saw a VERY interesting Dart a few months back, and sort of hinted about it possibly being a SRT variant. Or maybe I read more into it than was there :) Which is entirely possible.

I guess 2016 just seems like a long ways out for a DSRT.

Could that 2016 also be a Viper variant? Like an ACR? I would assume that the 2015 refresh is for the convert version....

·
Registered
835 Posts
And why should he be in a hurry with sale results like these. If it ain't broke don't fix it, seems certainly to apply here. I am sure the Dart will take off with tweaks to the powertrain and the addition of the 9 speed.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
It seems unlikely to me they would refresh the 300 just to replace it one year later, especially when there is no indication the Charger is poised for the same. I would definitely say they this plan has done little to clear the waters. I guess time will tell. I thought this plan would add some clarity to the upcoming events, but I can't say I see it that way now.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
humdrum said:
And why should he be in a hurry with sale results like these. If it ain't broke don't fix it, seems certainly to apply here. I am sure the Dart will take off with tweaks to the powertrain and the addition of the 9 speed.
Because that mentality leads to complacency and aged, out of date products. You need to keep things updated and fresh.

Some companies that deal with rather static markets can get away with selling the same product with minimal updates - like the classic Ridgid pipe wrench. Sprinkler piping isn't likely to change anytime soon, so no real need to make a different wrench. The auto industry is not one of those markets however. You need to release new product/refresh old or you will get left behind.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Moparian said:
I dont think so. When they are referencing a new car for SRT I think they are talking another stand alone model. No way is Chrysler gonna put all thier future plans out for all to see. Lets just wait and see what develops

Reactions: AlfaCuda

·
Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
1,317 Posts
bumonbox said:
It seems unlikely to me they would refresh the 300 just to replace it one year later, especially when there is no indication the Charger is poised for the same. I would definitely say they this plan has done little to clear the waters. I guess time will tell. I thought this plan would add some clarity to the upcoming events, but I can't say I see it that way now.
Maybe it's the 100, not the 300 replacement? To go with the new T&C and a crossover? Just throwing our the possibility. I agree it seems weird to refresh then replace so soon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
link3721 said:
Maybe it's the 100, not the 300 replacement? To go with the new T&C and a crossover? Just throwing our the possibility. I agree it seems weird to refresh then replace so soon.
That's what I thought. I figured it was either the 100 or 200 convertible. Sometimes the convertible comes out a year after the 200. I didn't know if the 'vert would have it's own notation. I'm also assuming the Chrysler Crossover has not been cancelled.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts