Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
The model pictured is, I believe, on a Ford Transit chassis.
Possibly. The article said Ducato is the chassis used in about half of their motorhomes.
Curious about the engine used. Many motorhome owners flat tow a smaller lighter vehicle behind them, so that they have a run about vehicle without breaking down base camp.
Wondering if the 3.0 diesel is rated strong enough to accomplish that?
Depending upon which manufacturer they team with here, it could be a winner.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
oruandy said:
Here is the HYMER Tramp Premium 50 which is a really nice "B+" RV. It would compare favorably to any of the Daimler/Sprinter units including the Winnebago View/Navion twins. A couple of differences are the use of chemical toilets w/ removable cassettes vs. black water waste systems on our RV's, and Euro RV's to this point don't have slide outs.

http://www.hymer.com/cms/en/motorhomes/Semi-Integrated/tramp-premium-50/series5.html
Interesting. Cassettes are normally found here on lower end, lower priced trailers and tent trailers and I have to admit, they are a real pain.
Slide outs are all the rage here, with even tent trailers and truck campers having them and many trailers and 5th wheels are up to 2 or three slide outs per rig.
I'm sure both of those issues will be covered by their American partner, if they want good sales, they will have to offer those items.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
tryphon said:
This shows that the Ducato, with the right paint job, is really a great looking vehicle!
:lol:
It shows that when you cut away 80% of the body...it's passable. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.