Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Back in April, we reported that Ralph Gilles had essentially confirmed the SRT Barracuda’s arrival on a different platform than the Challenger: The new Barracuda will share its platform architecture with an all-new 5 Series-sized Alfa Romeo sedan that will be a key car for the relaunch of the Alfa brand in the U.S. ... by 2016. I’m betting the Barracuda will also appear around that timeframe. Pure speculation, but both cars may have been pushed back because the Fiat Group is bleeding in Europe due to the collapse of the market there and Marchionne is trying to conserve money. Recently, both the UK’s Car magazine and Automotive News have said that a rear wheel drive platform for Alfa Romeo was on its way. This had been discussed semi-publicly for months before Gilles’ statement, with Sergio Marchionne commenting that a rear wheel drive, mid-sized Alfa Romeo was made possible by being able to..

View the original, full post

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Why does it have to a be a "heritage" car and what is "right" or "proper"?

Mike

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
I'm working on a better rendering for that. I'll send it to you in a few hours probably. *don't quote me on that. LOL

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
69" Cuda was my favorite especially in Hurst dressing.... how about a version of that.

:D

True we do romanticize those poor braked, bias ply-tired, rattley cars of the past. The sweet sound of the those engines with the daily carb tuning makes everything else go away.

Heritage is not need just a fine RWD sedan and Coupe in the mid-sized market would be awesome.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
The Dodge may have a larger engine bay to accommodate the V8;
Actually the Alfa (and the likely a 2dr Maserati variant) would also need to be able to fit a V8 in there, so I don't think there will be even that differentiation. Though it would be a different V8, not a Hemi.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
TripleT said:
69" Cuda was my favorite especially in Hurst dressing.... how about a version of that.

:D

True we do romanticize those poor braked, bias ply-tired, rattley cars of the past. The sweet sound of the those engines with the daily carb tuning makes everything else go away.

Heritage is not need just a fine RWD sedan and Coupe in the mid-sized market would be awesome.
I'm pretty sure you mean '68 ;)

Technically they did that already, it's called the Challenger Super Stock package from Mopar.

Mike

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,104 Posts
Argon (Ar) is 500 times more abundant in the atmosphere than Neon (Ne). That's what came to mind when I read the possible names. Barracuda, Magnum, rare gas are all no on my list. Copperhead, Razor, Zeo, and Hornet, are still waiting to be used. Lightening or Striker would be my choices. Actually my all time favorite is Fury. But I do think its time for a new legend, one that will last a 1000 years!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
hopefully they can do this car justice and it will be an SRT barracuda ,or a new version dodge daytona. Argon??Avenger,or magnum ,really? Don`t name it something that will hurt sales right off the bat

·
Registered
241 Posts
GLHSHELBY said:
hopefully they can do this car justice and it will be an SRT barracuda ,or a new version dodge daytona. Argon??Avenger,or magnum ,really? Don`t name it something that will hurt sales right off the bat
I like Daytona as well. I hope for Dodge and SRT versions. Sedan and coupe or 4 door coupe. Very German looking with Dodge grille and tailights vs the Italian Alfas

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Mike V. said:
I'm pretty sure you mean '68 ;)

Technically they did that already, it's called the Challenger Super Stock package from Mopar.

Mike
67-69 I was talking generally.

I am not talking paint so much as I did like the Hurst Paint Job very Purdue'ish but more the size and shape.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
TripleT said:
67-69 I was talking generally.

I am not talking paint so much as I did like the Hurst Paint Job very Purdue'ish but more the size and shape.
Ok you are making more sense now. At first I thought you were specifically referring to the Super Stock cars.

Mike

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Guessing, people just want to guess !

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
If they name it Barracuda and people complain, I will point out the hypocrites from the Cherokee debate!

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
billfrombuckhead said:
I like Daytona as well. I hope for Dodge and SRT versions. Sedan and coupe or 4 door coupe. Very German looking with Dodge grille and tailights vs the Italian Alfas
Agreed!

And for extra fun...a wagon

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Ive noticed almost every major car site has carried this story in the last couple days

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I think its more than 6 months old!
billfrombuckhead said:
I could see the sedan as the Avenger the coupe as Daytona the wagon as Magnum and the V8 SRT coupe as Barracuda!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I could see the next generation Charger being a smaller car on the D-RWD platform, especially with CAFE standards increasing each year.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts