Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

According to data from R.L. Polk Canada, Dodge/Ram pickups are Canada’s longest-lasting trucks, as measured by the percentage of pickups sold since 1987 (25 years ago; model years 1988-2012) that are still on the road today. 79% of Ram pickups sold in the last 25 years are still registered, compared with 66% of Ford pickups and 72% of General Motors pickups. The numbers are even better when looking at the Cummins diesel equipped pickups of the last 20 years; 87% of Ram diesels sold since 1993 are still registered as being in operation (model years 1994-2012), compared with just 69% of Fords, 79% of Chevrolets, and 83% of GMCs. Cummins currently has a five-year, 160,000 mile powertrain warranty in Canada.

View the original, full post

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Looking at the insanely complicated fuel injection systems on especially 1987+ Ford pickups; I too would give the nod to Dodge and GM for ease of repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bearhawke said:
Looking at the insanely complicated fuel injection systems on especially 1987+ Ford pickups; I too would give the nod to Dodge and GM for ease of repair.
The ford fuel injection system of the era is damn simple to repair if it ever breaks which isn't very often. Its very powerful and has good self diagnostics, and anything else can be figured out with basic multimeter skills.

I think the statistics have to do that lots of fords were sold as fleet trucks. Even today ford sells more trucks to fleets than the other brands. Kills a truck fast.

Usually just fuel pumps, and throttle position sensors. Sure is more complicated then tbi gm was using. But, then again the dodge system of the truck mentioned here isn't much different in complexity. Atleast 1993+ dodge, and chevy 1994+.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Guess I'll buy my next one up north. 160,000 mile warranty? Maybe KM, but not Miles! That number is the metric equivalent of 100,000. :)>)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts