Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Despite its absence from Ram’s web site (in the Build & Price and economy sections), buyers can still order Ram 1500s with the Hemi and “TorqueFlite 8” automatic, according to a Ram spokesman. One reader, searching for this combination at local dealers was told that it was no longer made by one salesman, and confirmed the statement by looking at a competitive-comparison site, which declared the combination dead as of mid-April 2013. However, a Ram spokesman disagreed, and said it was indeed available. We have also confirmed this with a local dealer, who said that ordering was open, but that customers needed to order relatively soon or miss the window to get a 2013, as the allocation window will be closing. Missing the current window could mean ordering a 2014 model-year Ram instead.

View the original, full post

·
Registered
497 Posts
As an owner of a 2013 5.7 Torqueflite 8, I can say with confidence this is a great combination. There may not be enough to build anymore 2013's but I can't image any reason (other than availability) that 5.7+8 is not here to stay. I absolutely love mine.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
gotta love salesmen sometimes! they'll say almost anything to get you to buy what's on their lot! no offense meant to the good ones! :D

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
647 Posts
I wished Ram would stop saying the engine spins more slowly at highway speeds with the 8-speed tranny; it will only be spinnning more slowly with the 8-speed if you have a higher (lower number), rear axle ratio as the 8 speed and old 4/5/6 (whatever you wish to call it!), transmission both have 0.67 top gear ratios.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
I kept meaning to check this, because as it says, the site is wrong.

SLOPPY!!!!! Irks the crap out of me, can't you at least get the site right. I mean I get you can't control the less competent sales people, but the site you have full control over.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
redhed said:
gotta love salesmen sometimes! they'll say almost anything to get you to buy what's on their lot! no offense meant to the good ones! :D
the sad part....... is that there were several months where you could NOT order the v8/torqueflite combo.....So please don't be so fast to condemn the salesperson....

Look at all of the delays of the Dart RT/GT and Cherokee I know that I have told customers that the GT was due out in May. I also told customers that the Cherokee would be out in May......Am I a liar? NO....I was only giving the information that at the time I believed to be true.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Once again, the weakness of Chrysler Marketing rears its ugly head.

T

·
0 Posts
I agree. If the man at the top wants to effect change, then the people running marketing should be reprimanded at least. What a sad state of affairs their websites are. I hope they visit this site, Marketing as a whole sucks, sorry but it's the truth. Not ready for primetime comes to mind.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Trailduster45 said:
I agree. If the man at the top wants to effect change, then the people running marketing should be reprimanded at least. What a sad state of affairs their websites are. I hope they visit this site, Marketing as a whole sucks, sorry but it's the truth. Not ready for primetime comes to mind.
Agreed.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
the sad part....... is that there were several months where you could NOT order the v8/torqueflite combo.....So please don't be so fast to condemn the salesperson....

Look at all of the delays of the Dart RT/GT and Cherokee I know that I have told customers that the GT was due out in May. I also told customers that the Cherokee would be out in May......Am I a liar? NO....I was only giving the information that at the time I believed to be true.
I was wondering, do individual sales reps make use of Chrysler's internal ordering system on a regular basis. I assume at many dealerships that ordering stock for the lots is probably done by a specific person, or people in the dealership? If so, then I'd imagine that most salesmen are only compelled to be in the ordering system, and seeing the options when a customer is actually ordering a car. I mean, I ask because I do see how that would lead to less exposure to what is available to certain salesmen. Where as I know that you and JRS seem pretty familiar with what's in there, other's may not.

And once again, since Chrysler's website to the public doesn't show the option, that is a REAL issue.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,933 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
All salesmen should have access to the ordering system, and it takes very little time to get into the system and see if a particular combination is being made.
All salesmen should have access to the ordering system, but most probably do not. Only the "pros", longtime employees, and management at many dealerships can access it. Most salespeople are told to sell what's in front of them, not to worry about what can or cannot be ordered, and this is not their fault but the fault of the people running those dealerships.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Is CGLLC handling the websites themselves, or contracting it (or portions of it) out?
I would assume they are contracted out, but that isn't an excuse. It's the first contact many people have with Chrysler, so it needs to be accurate and easy to use. Then when they go to the dealer and get told differently it's confusing.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Is CGLLC handling the websites themselves, or contracting it (or portions of it) out?
IIRC some of it is contracted out. I think we had a conversation about it at one point. Of course, I'd still blame them either way - because either 1. They are not feeding the information to that company and asking them to update it. or 2. They are not cracking down on the company for screwing up / finding a new provider.

No matter how you slice it, It's a part of Chrysler's marketing, and it looks bad to the customer, it should be an initiative for Chrysler to make sure they aren't offering poor "service" on something SO bloody easy to fix. (And having done web design, I can say this confidently. It ain't auto engineering!)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have been searching the web, and can't find the answer to this riddle...how much did the et / mph change on the dodge trucks going from the 6 speed to the new 8 speed with the HEMI ONLY...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Missinformation via our corporate websites is a ongoing problem. I have a customer right now that is thourghly confused about his decision to lease a Wrangler because of the missionformation on the website. The numbers on the site are NEVER accurate....and although they have several dissclaimers

This lease rate is for estimate purposes only. You may not be able to lease your vechicle at this rate.
A security deposit may be required. See dealer for details
Of course the customer dosent want to read the disclaimer above^^^^^ all they know is the lease they just did is less than the number we came up with.....

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
MoparJoe said:
I have been searching the web, and can't find the answer to this riddle...how much did the et / mph change on the dodge trucks going from the 6 speed to the new 8 speed with the HEMI ONLY...
2 MPG
2wd, Ram hemi 8 spd is 16 City (I think) / 22 MPG
4wd Ram Hemi 8 spd is 15 city / 21 MPG

Puts it on par with the Ford EcoBoost for regular driving
But you can bet that when put to work, it blows the Ecoboost F-150 out of the water.

CJDsalespro said:
Missinformation via our corporate websites is a ongoing problem. I have a customer right now that is thourghly confused about his decision to lease a Wrangler because of the missionformation on the website. The numbers on the site are NEVER accurate....and although they have several dissclaimers

Of course the customer dosent want to read the disclaimer above^^^^^ all they know is the lease they just did is less than the number we came up with.....
Ain't that always the issue. One must realize that in this day and age, the company is going to always advertise the best case numbers. I have learned to remember that when I go to buy something, I better expect to pay a little more than the magic advertised number.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
bumonbox said:
2 MPG
2wd, Ram hemi 8 spd is 16 City (I think) / 22 MPG
4wd Ram Hemi 8 spd is 15 city / 21 MPG

Puts it on par with the Ford EcoBoost for regular driving
But you can bet that when put to work, it blows the Ecoboost F-150 out of the water.

Ain't that always the issue. One must realize that in this day and age, the company is going to always advertise the best case numbers. I have learned to remember that when I go to buy something, I better expect to pay a little more than the magic advertised number
The 2WD Hemi 8-Speed trucks do not exist yet. The numbers for them haven't even been put up on the EPA website.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts