Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Automated System
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Today, Ram unveiled a new Ram 1500 Rumble Bee concept to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the original Rumble Bee, itself a commemoration of the Dodge Super Bee cars.

The Rumble Bee concept is the lightweight two-door, rear wheel drive version of Ram 1500, in matte “Drone Yellow” paint (including bumpers, flares, and ground effects). A new “Speed Bee” design is drawn within a gloss black stripe that fades into honeycomb; the stripe glides front to rear, around the top of the bed and over the tonneau cover.

The truck sits on 24-inch gloss black Vellano VRH custom wheels, with a 2-inch drop (aided by a reservoir shock at each wheel). The grille, hood vents, badging, fuel door and the dual exhaust tailpipes are coated in gloss black.

The interior has also been treated, with black and Drone Yellow leather sport mesh seats held together by two-tone..

View the original, full post
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
That's BAD [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms]

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
I was there when they pulled the cover off. Overall it was nice, but I was hoping for the 392 in her. We know the trucks will be getting it, why not do it here. The colour in person was ok, but not jaw dropping. The exhaust note was good, and they had dump pipes on her that the guy was turning on / off. My nephew video'd it and I will try to upload it Monday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
I'd buy it in a heart beat. The thing to remember with the 392 is they havent put the 8 speed behind it yet. The 5.7 with 4.10 gears like this concept has.....I would imagine that it's pretty damn quick considering how fast the R/T with 3.92's are.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 55Plaza

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
Love it but it looks like there is no 8.4 in there......I can just imagine the awesome graphic that could be done at start up. I would make the bee start humming and buzzing in the TFT display and end up on the 8.4.......SWEET!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
LeeRyder said:
Hah! an actual Bee encased in amber? Love it!
I'd buy this just to piss off PETA lol
I thought there was something about that bee that looked a bit too real....reminds me of Jurassic Park. Amber encased bugs.....hopefully they just found the bee dead somewhere and stuck him in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Looks really good!

For me to be interested, it would need to be a Crew can version, which I doubt will be made.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dfarc

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
Moparian said:
I'd buy it in a heart beat. The thing to remember with the 392 is they havent put the 8 speed behind it yet.
only partially true. the 8hp is standard on the 2014 SRT JGC which has the 6.4L! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Love it but it looks like there is no 8.4 in there......I can just imagine the awesome graphic that could be done at start up. I would make the bee start humming and buzzing in the TFT display and end up on the 8.4.......SWEET!!!!
It had the 8.4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
I watched the YouTube video, the pictures do not do it well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX-0VQKRB0w

I was standing to the left of the guy who filmed this...was pretty cool to be part of it, really like the exhaust traps ..
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
The only thing that disappoints, is the matt paint finish.
The guys in Detroit may not realize it, but matt peaked about two years ago. Matt became so overdone and lost favor in 15 minutes.
The Rumble Bee does has a slight sheen to it, which is better than most matt finishes, but the original was high gloss and that is what the 10th anniversary should have been.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
MoparNorm said:
The only thing that disappoints, is the matt paint finish.
The guys in Detroit may not realize it, but matt peaked about two years ago. Matt became so overdone and lost favor in 15 minutes.
The Rumble Bee does has a slight sheen to it, which is better than most matt finishes, but the original was high gloss and that is what the 10th anniversary should have been.
Hey! I've got a buddy named Matt. He's not a bad guy at all.

;)
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Hey! I've got a buddy named Matt. He's not a bad guy at all.

;)
Matt still owes me 5 bucks...matte is cool...except in auto spell...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
MoparJoe said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX-0VQKRB0w

I was standing to the left of the guy who filmed this...was pretty cool to be part of it, really like the exhaust traps ..
lol i was standing there too recording on my phone. i still havent watched what i caught. its a neat idea but it seemed to be too much 'concept' shiny bits and not enough that would carry to reality. cutouts and the bee shifter wont make it .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Also disappointed that this did not have the 6.4.

The loud/quiet buttons are great. I installed a wireless exhaust cutout (keychain remote) in my 2011 Ram - easily the most fun $300 mod I've ever put in a vehicle. Goes from stock to wide open after the cat in about a half second.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top