Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Jeep Cherokee Latitude has already been announced: it’s the first model above the base Cherokee, costing $1,500 more and adding bigger wheels, various trim additons, fog lamps, the fold-flat front passenger seat, and various conveniences, as well as making the low-gear four wheel drive system available. But what exactly is the Longitude, a model recently spotted in Rochester (Michigan) by reader TStark1? Clearly out for testing, since no Cherokees are in customers’ hands yet (and given the manufacturer plates), this Cherokee has a badge that’s pretty consistent with the Latitude badging. One answer that comes up is that, in Australia, the Latitude model will actually be called Longitude. Our reader didn’t tell us if this was a right-hand-drive car, but even if it isn’t, the odd decision to rename Latitude to Longitude in some regions could explain the badging of this test car. Problem solved: A TNAP employee wrote, “Latitude..

View the original, full post

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
man that tailgate would look so much better with something to break up all that plain empty sheetmetal in the middle.

I kinda think having a full size spare tire rack mounted there would not only cover up the bare spot, but would make the back end look alot nicer and give more interior room inside since it wouldnt need to keep the spare inside the vehicle anymore.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Is that the release handle under the Longitude badge?

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
55Plaza said:
Is that the release handle under the Longitude badge?
No, I believe the release handle is just above the license plate.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
SUNBURNTsnype said:
man that tailgate would look so much better with something to break up all that plain empty sheetmetal in the middle.

I kinda think having a full size spare tire rack mounted there would not only cover up the bare spot, but would make the back end look alot nicer and give more interior room inside since it wouldnt need to keep the spare inside the vehicle anymore.
Not sure how you'd mount that, the weight of the wheel/tire would be too heavy for the hatch. Plus, it would have to swing away to allow the hatch to open UP.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
No, I believe the release handle is just above the license plate.
So what is this.... longitude.jpg

Attachments

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
It's definitely a body seam, and on each side, just no hint of what the function is.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
JRS200x said:
Looks like the reflection of a tree and its trunk to me.
Agreed. Doesn't make sense to have another seam right next to the tailgate opening?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
I guess we will find out, if and when, this version makes the light of day.
Symmetrical trees? ;)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Not sure how you'd mount that, the weight of the wheel/tire would be too heavy for the hatch. Plus, it would have to swing away to allow the hatch to open UP.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
suzq044 said:
That does fix the looks of the rear end. Do that and put Jackratchets front end on it and the Cherokee wouldnt look bad at all!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
I think the back should really open horizontally instead of vertically; or have a clam-shell style opening; not just a giant lift-gate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Jeep Cherokee Latitude will have to be called Longitude in markets where Renault products are sold, such as Australia, because Renault has already registered the Latitude name for the Renault Latitude.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts