Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler is continuing to get a great deal of mileage from its Alfa Romeo bodies, this time attached to a somewhat bug-eyed hatchback mule which, from the front, appears to be a Chrysler 200/Lancia Flavia test car. If the powertrain and cooling systems are being tested, there would be little need for the rear to be in final form, which we would normally assume would be a sedan for American sale. The 200 is set to run with the TigerShark 2.4 engine and 3.2-liter Pentastar V6, both hooked up to a nine-speed automatic; European versions would almost certainly come with a two-liter diesel engine, as the Alfa Romeo Giulia is rumored to have. The 200 is set to be built starting in the first quarter of 2014. The similar Giulia, if it is still “on,” will use the 1.4 turbo and the Alfa 1.8 direct-injection turbo engine and a 2-liter..

View the original, full post

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
...and the reason it's a right hand drive is... Lancia UK...or simply testing in India?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I don't think it's right hand drive. I think that image is in a mirror.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
We know the 200 is coded "UF" so if that's what's listed on the windshield, there you go.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Given the edge of the mirror in the photo and the source from India, I guess my joke was missed, but seriously, there is a readable "UF" in that photo???

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Is that link supposed to go somewhere?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Given the edge of the mirror in the photo and the source from India, I guess my joke was missed,
There was a joke there? :huh: ;)

MoparNorm said:
but seriously, there is a readable "UF" in that photo???
Marlon said "if that's what is listed on the windshield"...

That mule - especially the hood line - seems very tall.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
I sure hope that's not the new 200 or "Chrysler's new styling direction".

When Gilles says the new 200 will be "striking" or whatever word he used, remember that is only his opinion, and he probably has a similarly high opinion of the new Cherokee. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Bill Sample

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
FreeLantz said:
I sure hope that's not the new 200 or "Chrysler's new styling direction".

When Gilles says the new 200 will be "striking" or whatever word he used, remember that is only his opinion, and he probably has a similarly high opinion of the new Cherokee. Just sayin'.
Maybe Gilles is spending too much time with Sergio. Maybe there is left over Daimler cool aid. : D

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Dave said:
The shot was taken through a mirror. It's Michigan.
Then why is the steering wheel along the guardrail side of the road and the opposite side is a white dashed line, indicating a two lane?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Then why is the steering wheel along the guardrail side of the road and the opposite side is a white dashed line, indicating a two lane?
Could they be passing the car taking the picture?

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Muther said:
If they're passing on the left, then that is a right-hand drive vehicle.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
There was a joke there?
...That mule - especially the hood line - seems very tall.
Seriously??? The car is clearly a mirror shot, the mirror edge is in the upper lefthand of the photo and it says "Indianblogs" right on the photo credits. Obviously our sense of humor's operate in different wavelengths...
You know,... like styling likes and dislikes... ;)

That said, the ride height is tall, as is the ground clearance, so the Chrysler grill is either, likely a muse, to put off an untrained eye, or that is the future Chrysler Crossover, minivan replacement and not the next 200.
abgwin said:
A little googling brought up what looks to be the same mule from a year ago: http://blogs.automotive.com/spied-2014-chrysler-100-seen-testing-with-heavy-front-end-camouflage-100055.html/2014-chrysler-100-spy-photos-nose/

However, the model code is quite clear in this shot as UF.
Not the same mule, different stance and height.
Muther said:
It's a FOUR lane road. ;)
Look past to the opposing traffic. ( click on the photo to get the full sized shot).

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
JRS200x said:
I have seen the new 200... it is gorgeous. So unless they have altered it since I saw it... it WILL be striking.
I am glad to hear that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts