Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As Allpar predicted on December 24, 2012, the SRT brand has expanded its “Core SRT” car line with new 2013 “Core” models of the Dodge Challenger SRT8 and Chrysler 300 SRT8. The new cars strip out some of the standard luxury features of ordinary SRT8s to provide a stronger performance value. They include the standard “Ballistic” cloth interior from the new SRT Viper, while maintaining performance suspensions, brakes, and powertrains. 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Core The 2013 Challenger SRT8 “Core” has a black grille and black SRT rear spoiler, unique black 392 decal on the front fenders, 20-inch cast-aluminum wheels with black painted pockets, and black Brembo brake calipers. New colors for the car are HEMI® Orange Pearl Coat and Plum Crazy Pearl Coat, in addition to the existing Billet Silver, Bright White, Granite Crystal Metallic Pearl, Jazz Blue Pearl, Pitch Black, and TorRed. Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl and..

View the original, full post

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Heh. Still a little pricey in the $45K region if you ask me...

I would have expected $5K less.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Ditto. The original reason for the SRT was best performance at the best price. It does leave an opening for an even higher line of quality and price for a fully loaded SRT luxury line.

·
Administrator
35,245 Posts
Super Bee starts $3,000 below standard SRT8, that's serious.
Challenger SRT8 normally starts at $44,775 plus destination.

This is basically for the crowd that said, "I want ALL the performance gear but none of that leather seat (etc) expense."

They took out what they could reasonably take out. Turns out most of the high price of the SRT is caused by, surprise surprise, having a unique, extra-high-power car.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
I guess the Super Bee proved to be a good business case.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Figure invoice on that Challenger would be about 2k less, minus employee discounts, hold back etc. Should be pretty close to $36k,

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This makes Challenger SRT, the most powerful muscle car under $40K..

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I see Plum Crazy in Challenger and Super Bee,

This is good.... wish I was in the position to make a change...

Danno

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Danno said:

Danno
Me too!

Mike

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I am waiting for the new stuff. Though I like these, I am hoping for something a bit smaller. I am waitig for the smaller Chally, the onagainoffagainonagain Barracuda, the now unlikely or at least for now DSRT, or if they build it, a Hellcat Express Ram/SRT Ram. I like smaller, cars with quicker turn in, and pick ups. I am a sucker for 600hp stroker pick ups, no idea why.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Danno said:

Danno
Mike V. said:
Me too!

Mike
Change what? and to what??

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Mopar392 said:
Change what? and to what??
Meaning I wish I was in a position to change vehicles.

Mike

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about a 2nd Challenger in my garage...my wife said she would leave me if I bought another car...I'm going to miss her cooking... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Is there any weight reduction in the vehicles because of the lower equipment levels, and if so, would it be enough to change acceleration times?

·
Registered
179 Posts
More info! More More! We need specs and exact differences between regular and core srt's! What Jimboy said. I was just about to pull the trigger on an r/t challenger but this changes everything. It is dumb purchase but I don't care, I tell you I don't care.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You get in Challenger CORE and 300 CORE same as what you get in Super BEE. The difference is the Viper's cloth seats.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Seriously, best news to hit the wires in my sixteen years on Allpar.
So basically the SRT core misses out on fancy seats, forged wheels and some minor suspension tweaks? Does that about cover it or is the braking hardware different as well.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Tommy Boy said:
Seriously, best news to hit the wires in my sixteen years on Allpar.
So basically the SRT core misses out on fancy seats, forged wheels and some minor suspension tweaks? Does that about cover it or is the braking hardware different as well.
You go from ADS suspension to single setting suspension.. delete fog lamps and replace HID headlamps with halogen.. Red Brembo calipers become Black.. Cast aluminum wheels... Cloth seats..

1 - 20 of 91 Posts